Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

remembering medications

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:22 PM
  • 36 Replies
Does anyone have a hard time with this? I HATE taking medications. I've tried going off them secretly in the past but I didn't feel right, dh noticed and it just wasnt good. My issue is I have such a hard time remembering to take them. I guess I just don't want to deep down even though I know I need to. Sorry I think I kinda rambled. Anyway, what do you ladies do to remember to take your medications on time?
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM
When do you take your meds? Am pm mid day or all of the above? If you take them more than once a day set an alarm on your phone.

I keep mine in a box above my coffee pot. The last thing I do at night is get coffee ready for the morning so I take them then.
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM
I take my depression, anxiety and ADHD, and nerve pain medications in the am.
I take ADHD, and nerve pain medications in the afternoon.
Then at night I take more nerve medications.

I've downloaded an app that goes off at 9am, 1pm and then 9pm but since I don't always eat by those times it gets postponed and then I'm either late or their co!pletely forgotten. (I have to eat with them all)

Quoting matreshka: When do you take your meds? Am pm mid day or all of the above? If you take them more than once a day set an alarm on your phone.

I keep mine in a box above my coffee pot. The last thing I do at night is get coffee ready for the morning so I take them then.
bambismom
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I would have a hard time remembering all of those and I suppose the alarm can go off at an inconvenient time too.  I take mine just in the morning and evening.  I don't usually forget.  I take both bottles out of the cupboard then put them back after I take each one. It usually works. 

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:50 PM
If I could eat on time each day I think it would help but unfortunately life gets in the way, my dd needs something, dh has lost something and the dog is fighting with the steam cleaner or whatever happens to be going on. I have days where I forget to eat and I feel myself "slipping" but because of my ocd I have to keep doing whatever it is I'm doing. I've had days where my husband has to firmly tell me to stop, take the sponge from my hand and tell me to eat because I've skipped breakfast and its almost lunch time...

Quoting bambismom:

I would have a hard time remembering all of those and I suppose the alarm can go off at an inconvenient time too.  I take mine just in the morning and evening.  I don't usually forget.  I take both bottles out of the cupboard then put them back after I take each one. It usually works. 

bambismom
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Oh, honey you have a good husband, hang on to him!!!!  

Quoting MrsWhite101610: If I could eat on time each day I think it would help but unfortunately life gets in the way, my dd needs something, dh has lost something and the dog is fighting with the steam cleaner or whatever happens to be going on. I have days where I forget to eat and I feel myself "slipping" but because of my ocd I have to keep doing whatever it is I'm doing. I've had days where my husband has to firmly tell me to stop, take the sponge from my hand and tell me to eat because I've skipped breakfast and its almost lunch time...
Quoting bambismom:

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Thank you. He's needy, whines and acts like a baby but he's not allowed to go away. Lol I tell him all the time he's stuck with me.

Quoting bambismom:

Quoting MrsWhite101610: If I could eat on time each day I think it would help but unfortunately life gets in the way, my dd needs something, dh has lost something and the dog is fighting with the steam cleaner or whatever happens to be going on. I have days where I forget to eat and I feel myself "slipping" but because of my ocd I have to keep doing whatever it is I'm doing. I've had days where my husband has to firmly tell me to stop, take the sponge from my hand and tell me to eat because I've skipped breakfast and its almost lunch time...
Quoting bambismom:

bambismom
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Yep, that's how it is.  That's what my hubby always said, I was "stuck with him"  Your hubby seems like he's good to you.

Quoting MrsWhite101610: Thank you. He's needy, whines and acts like a baby but he's not allowed to go away. Lol I tell him all the time he's stuck with me.
Quoting bambismom:

Quoting bambismom:

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:28 PM
He is. He's saved me when I had no place to go, he's protected me from my mother when shewas trying to be verbally abusive, she kicked me out and his parents took me and dd in and !y mother showed up and dh was there to protect me. If it wwasn't for him and dd I don't know where I would be in life. We actually named our daughter Raevyn, because it means bringer of light and she's brought us both out of our dark places. But he's my rock, my protector.

Quoting bambismom:

Yep, that's how it is.  That's what my hubby always said, I was "stuck with him"  Your hubby seems like he's good to you.

Quoting MrsWhite101610: Thank you. He's needy, whines and acts like a baby but he's not allowed to go away. Lol I tell him all the time he's stuck with me.
Quoting bambismom:

Quoting bambismom:

bambismom
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:42 PM

That's awesome! 

Quoting MrsWhite101610: He is. He's saved me when I had no place to go, he's protected me from my mother when shewas trying to be verbally abusive, she kicked me out and his parents took me and dd in and !y mother showed up and dh was there to protect me. If it wwasn't for him and dd I don't know where I would be in life. We actually named our daughter Raevyn, because it means bringer of light and she's brought us both out of our dark places. But he's my rock, my protector.
Quoting bambismom:

Quoting bambismom:

Quoting bambismom:

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Yes

Quoting bambismom:

That's awesome! 

Quoting MrsWhite101610: He is. He's saved me when I had no place to go, he's protected me from my mother when shewas trying to be verbally abusive, she kicked me out and his parents took me and dd in and !y mother showed up and dh was there to protect me. If it wwasn't for him and dd I don't know where I would be in life. We actually named our daughter Raevyn, because it means bringer of light and she's brought us both out of our dark places. But he's my rock, my protector.
Quoting bambismom:

Quoting bambismom:

Quoting bambismom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)