Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Extremes, I hate them so much

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM
  • 16 Replies

More and more each day I find the things that give me the greatest joy usually give me the most sorrow. I love my son so much and he just feels my heart with so much joy. When I feel like I'm failing him as a mother it just makes me so depressed and breaks my heart. I've learned the same with singing. I love singing and it's been a passion for me and the best feeling when I'm singing in front of people. I've been rejected twice within two weeks for my singing. I can't take the heartbreak anymore. I'm never performing again, no karaoke, maybe not even in the car. I just hate that things have to be so extreme emotionally for me. I just wish I didn't wish I could sing and perform 'cause obviously I'm not supposed to. At least my son's love outweighs the heartache I feel when I don't feel worthy of it. Sorry just needed to vent and get some stuff off my chest so I can stop crying over something so stupid as singing.

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:27 AM

your feelings are not stupid. if singing brings you joy then keep doing it. who cares about getting rejected as long as you are enjoying it. my daughter sings and loves it. there ae times when she doesnt make th cut but she doesnt let that stop her. she has had more successes than failures. dont let anybody take that away from you. 

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Vent anytime

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM

*hugs*

bambismom
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I agree with lyrick, if you enjoy singing you should keep doing it.  Was this something you were doing as a job, or on the side, or just because you like it?  Singing is therapeutic, for me.  I don't have a good voice, at all, so I don't sing much in front of other people, but if hugsnobody's around, I belt it out!  LOL!   And I am sure you're not failing as a mother, if he fills you with so much joy.  Give yourself a break, mama.  ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

mamalena137
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Thanks ladies. I did love singing but I've gotten rejected so many times, even by my loved ones. I just don't feel I can take the heartbreak anymore.

I still have times when I don't feel I'm doing a good job with my son, but not often.

lucy164
by Peggy on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you keep singing.  It's good for your soul.

strongforthem
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:20 PM

You sound depressed. Like you have a serotonin deficiency to be specific. Have you talked to your a doctor?

mamalena137
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I've been on zoloft since I was 19 strongforthem. It just keeps my emotions from going to extreme. I don't sit and cry for hours, but yes I do have depression.

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Your feelings are valid. I would be pretty upset too if I were in the same situation. I personally would keep singing even if it is just in my car on the way to work. Keep doing things that make you happy!
MissMackiesgg
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Do it cause it makes you happy. God put a hole in the bucket I carry my tunes in. My kids laugh and tell their friends that when I sang to them, they went to sleep in self-defence. What ever worked. lol If nothing else do what I do. Sing because it makes you feel good and because it drives them batty!!singing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN