Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Removing toxic mother/daughter relationship. for the glory of GOD!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My mother has been emotionally abusive toward me my whole life. I recently told her if she doesn't except me for who i am we have nothing to say.
We both said goodbye. Well she has came to our door a good four or five times. I did not answer door to her. I feel very uncomfortable when she is in my presence. She has text me she wants to see my boys.
I have not responded to her. She said basically she not going to stop calling and coming over. But her words were sort of threatening. I do not want my boys subject to her behavior,the way she acts,and doesn't even understand that she shouldn't mistreat or disrespect your grandchildren's mother in front of them. My sister quit speaking to her years ago because she feels the same way I do. She does not want her children subjected to her behaviors either. I just now realized everything my sister had been saying all this time.
I also became a true Christian within the year! I went through therapy and I realized and my dh realize when she isn't around bringing me low I do very well in life. I do well day to day. Praise God! Thank You Jesus! I feel the LORD doesn't want her around us either.I cannot live my days being brought low. I have to stay Strong in my faith,and raise my boys up in the Church,and in a Good environment for them to learn & grow properly... Should I even respond to her text's?
I just keep on praying for her daily. In hopes she will turn her life over to Jesus! Then someday she will understand. Plus, I will be happy for mother to be saved :)
Prayer is powerful............
In the meantime I really hope she will just leave well enough alone.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:14 PM
I would keep not responding to her. Hugs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Mobile Photo

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I walk away from my mother 9 years ago. I never look back. My mother has been going to church for years. But she has never lived the life of a Christian

photo colon_zps3dfeef6e.jpg
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I just wish me & dh could move us from here and go somewhere far away to start over.......
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Pray pray pray for us sisters
lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:43 PM
I would stop responding. I hope you guys can move away and truely be done with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Thank you lexismom!
Pray for us to move please
Im ready to hightail it lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM
If were unable to move because it isnt God's Will?
Then I know peace from this is. Pray for us to have peace from this and that she would leave us alone permanently.
Thanks to all of you!
Memere60
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I think moving would be a very good idea. I'll pray for you.

Love, from an old Granny!grandma

bambismom
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Sounds like your mother needs some serious help.  Your sister hasn't spoken to her in years?  Don't tell me, she thinks it's your sister's fault, right?  That's how people are that are this way, they think it's always somebody else's fault, never their own.  You are doing so well without her, just keep ignoring her, try to get further away from her if you can.   hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)