Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am SOOOO proud of myself.

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went to my counseling appointment today 5 minutes before my appointment and waived to my counselor  talking to another counselor behind the desk. Around the desk, they have a glass encasement to prevent anyone from hearing confidential patient information. Anyway, I sat down and then realized that it was already 1 p.m. (my appointment time) and then I sat longer and it was 1:05 p.m. So I was debating on whether or not to say anything or continue to sit. But then I was irritated because my counselor was still having a conversation. So I got up and went to the desk and stated, "Are we still going to meet today? I noticed that it is already past 1:00 p.m." She then opened the window and then I had to repeat what I said in which she responded, "Oh, yeah! yeah! yeah! We're just finishing up. Sorry!" So I went to sit down and she still continued her conversation this time with the window opened and I could hear them having a conversation about a 7 year old child and how much say would a 7 year old child have. Blah! Blah! Blah! So no I am pissed and thinking to myself, "I know this b**ch is not still talking?!?! And then I decided that since her conversation took precedence over my apointment time then she can have the rest of the time to continue ot. And then I left at almost 1:10 p.m. without saying a word to her.

Upon leaving, I felt this increasing sense of enthusiasm in the fact that I did not sit there and take this type of treatment. And when I got into my car and drove away, I felt on top of the world and empowered. Needless to say that I will not be returning due to such blatant disregard for my time and treating me like I did not matter. Although she was not respectful, I still think she is very smart and I still hope the best for her. In addition, I also realize that there were some red flags that I noticed early on but I decided to weigh the pros and cons and came to the conclusion that it was worth it to continue with this counselor since I was in such terrible shape. All in all, everything happens for a reason and it is now time for me to completely help myself which was what I was doing most of during my session since it was my job to do the work.

Thanks for "listening" ladies.

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
matreshka
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM
That was wrong of her. Unfortunately there are bad therapists out there.
flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Well they got the message that you were not sticking around for the appointment.  Hope they don't pull some stunt where they charge you for missing the appointment. That is super annoying that they let you wait once they knew you were there, and the appointment before you was essentially wrapped up.  They should have called you back to chill in the actual room rather than let you fume in the waiting room. I know doctors sometimes like to take a brief time between patients to jot notes or whatever, but ot let you overhear her in  idle chatter would definitely grate. That receptionist clearly didn't read you right!  glad you felt good standing up for yourself.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
be of good courage...hun...you have a strong mind..you know the score...the game...just ain't over ...yet...keep winning... ;-)
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Wrong of her to take up yourvtime like that. I hope you find another counselor soon that wont do that.
bambismom
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Yeah, definitely not O.K. What happens if she's running late? Does she short you your time or make the next person wait? It's good you stuck up for yourself they need to know that is unprofessional and not O.K.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM

She should have been out of sight if she had to have a discussion with a colleague.

MissMackiesgg
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:17 PM

good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)