Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overwhelmed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I'm really nervous about this post... I've never done anything like this, but I'm looking for supportive people not judgemental people... Here goes.  I am married to my high school sweetheart, we have four beautiful children.  We were seriously considering divorce a year ago because of his infedelity.  Then I found out I was pregnant with number four.  I know that's no excuse to stay with someone but we worked it out and were eventually happy again.  We moved in with my dad to help and so that I had help.  This was a year ago.  There are nine people living here and I am the only one who cooks or cleans, I take care of four kids and 5 pets, some are not even mine, and I work third shift while my husband works second... All this on six hours or less of sleep.  I need help, I need someone to talk to, I was recently put on medication for anxiety and depression.  I've always been the strong one and this alone makes me feel weak, but I've always been a hard worker, a dedicated wife and mother, and a strong supportive person, but now when I am at my lowest I have no support myself... On top of all of this I also help my blind mother in law get to her appointments, clean house, shop, etc.... I don't want to tell her I can't help anymore but if I keep helping her I'm going to go crazy... I am tired, im just worn out, I want to run away sometimes and I can't help but feel like my kids deserve better... Not sure what I'm looking for, what I need, or if I should just take some time from work... Idk, I'm lost

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
You are going to have to let some of that go. That is too much on you. Talk to your husband and possibly other family members and see how you can dictate some of those responsibilities to other people. You need to take care of yourself also.
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
i agree with lyrick...this amount of work is just exhausting....hun...it just has to be less...all the people...all the dogs...just too much...i wish you could lighten this load...
AnnaJiang
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM

look at this bluesky and take a deep breath. Enjoy the nature! hope you find a relief.

matreshka
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Someone has to help out. Honestly you probably don't even need meds you just need someone else to contribute. If your (cheating) dh won't take care of his own mother get a nurse through insurance. I had one myself through medicare.

You need some time to yourself to recharge.
bambismom
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

These people are taking complete advantage of you, they need to step up and take care of their own pets.   Are the others living in the house adults as well?  Even if they aren't, everyone needs to "earn their keep."  No one person should have to do it all.   Can't you talk to the other family members and just explain that you simply cannot keep doing this?  You shouldn't have had to go on anti-depressants just because of them.  Unless they are all small children, they can and should pitch in!  hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hire a cleaining lady!  Seriously.  Have someone come in once a week to help out.  It's not a permanent solution, but it is a very quick and easy fix to get you through for now.  It's worth $50...really.  I've had one for the past 15 years and to this day, cleaning lady day is my favorite day of the week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)