Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Now that I left my counselor, I feel this emptiness. I guess I feel this way because at least I connected with someone whom understood at least a little with what I was dealing with. It felt good having someone to talk to since I don't have anybody in my life to share with. Sigh. Oh well. Eventually I have to start all over again with a new one but kinda reluctant to do so. I have had two bad counselors and a therapist before this one which caused me to be so ambitious about looking again.

Has anyone here experienced this kind of feeling?

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I've had bad therapists and have has to quit. Then my good therapist just quit this month. I meet my new theeapistvnext week. Spoke to her on the phone twice and she sounds younger than me.
bambismom
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Was the one that was chatting when you were supposed to be having your appointment a good one?  Maybe she just owes you a big apology for her behavior. 

luvmia
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Lol. Isn't funny that they have these young therapists who usually come from stellar backgrounds AND don't have a clue what it is like to struggle and go through hardships. The counselor I just quit is younger than me and comes from a middle class family and disclosed to me that she was spoiled by her parents. I come from an impoverished background (the "hood") with a sociopath for a mother and a father whom wasn't around in addition to the fact that I endured a lot of abuse. smdh. Eventhough she helped me some, she had little advice to give me because she never lived anything near my story. So for most of the sessions, I had to work through my issues and find my own answers.

Quoting matreshka: Yes. I've had bad therapists and have has to quit. Then my good therapist just quit this month. I meet my new theeapistvnext week. Spoke to her on the phone twice and she sounds younger than me.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this

She can give me an apology if she wants. But how she just dismissed me as if I wasn't important enough lets me know that she and I can no longer continue. I took me a long time to realize that when a person shows you who they are the first time, that I should believe them. In addition, once someone treats me with disrespect the first time, I nip it in the bud right then and there.  

Quoting bambismom:

Was the one that was chatting when you were supposed to be having your appointment a good one?  Maybe she just owes you a big apology for her behavior. 

bambismom
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Yeah, sounds like she wasn't that great.  (((((((((HUGS))))))))))))hugging

< blockquote class="quotedText">Quoting luvmia:

She can give me an apology if she wants. But how she just dismissed me as if I wasn't important enough lets me know that she and I can no longer continue. I took me a long time to realize that when a person shows you who they are the first time, that I should believe them. In addition, once someone treats me with disrespect the first time, I nip it in the bud right then and there.  

Quoting bambismom:

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM
i surely understand that "nipping in the bud"
i can't relate anything to anyone...who hasn't lived it...just can't..
out onna limb here...ha!..chimpy
i often thought if you had a fresh start...away from there...*sighs*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Why don't you look for someone who is older with more experience.  I know when I looked for my therapist and when I look for doctors, I read their online profiles.  I usually look at their age, and will only pick someone over forty, I look at their education and where they went to school, if they are teachers, research they have done, and make sure that English is their first language. 

Good luck and I'm sorry that you've had problems finding a good one.  Mine is an old dude and he's awesome! 

Hugs.

MissMackiesgg
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM

You deserve to be respected. People treat you the way you allow them to. Start hunting baby. We have went through a bunch of drs and counselers with my son. He has found great ones now.

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM
I hope that you can find a good therapist again soon.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Sep. 24, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Have you made an apptvwith another counselor yet? That might make you feel a little better about the situation.its always hard to start off with someone new and have fo go through all of that info again. But I still think you made the r ight choice and I think it will work out for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)