Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

effing facebook!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

So my son's ex put a pic of her and her new man on facebook and he's upset about it.  he unfriended her so that he wouldn't have to see this shit but he wants to see pics of his daughter so he goes there.  UGHHHHHHH....I told him to just stop!  Why does he do this to himself?  before facebook there would be little chance in hell you would actually see a pic of your ex with somebody!!!!    Then he makes this vague comment on facebook so I have to ask him.  He told me he's not going to tell me stuff anymore.  FINE, but stop putting shit on facebook then that sound like you're upset. 

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. Social media really sucks sometime.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM

I love Facebook.  You should try Cafe World.  It's a fun game.

bambismom
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:40 AM

O.K.  Facebook can be good but it can also be very bad. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I love Facebook.  You should try Cafe World.  It's a fun game.

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Hugs
MissMackiesgg
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I quit fb. I got really PI$$ED off and closed everything out about 4 years ago. Haven't been back on it since.

bambismom
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:18 PM

For the most part I've liked it.  It's fun to see what people are up to and I've gotten back in touch with some old friends I haven't talked to in years.  BUT, it's downside sucks.  I have to get my son to just stop looking.  He's concerned about who is daughter is spending time with, and rightly so, but there isn't a whole lot he can do about it so why does he put himself through this unncessary pain?   I originally joined to see pics of my granddaughter.  Pretty ironic. 

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

I quit fb. I got really PI$$ED off and closed everything out about 4 years ago. Haven't been back on it since.

zombiemom2
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Social Media has a lot of positive but also a lot of negative, like this. I'm sorry, it must be hard to watch what your son us going through and be worried about your grand daughter too.
bambismom
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Thank you, yes it is, very hard.  He has to deal with the fact that this guy, that his ex just met, is probably more time with his daughter than he is.   He doesn't want her calling somebody else daddy.  And, is this guy a good influence on his daughter.  Her mother has not shown good judgement at all.  It sucks, but what do you do.  He just has to try not to go there.  (on her page) He needs to talk to his counselor about how to deal with this. 

Quoting zombiemom2: Social Media has a lot of positive but also a lot of negative, like this. I'm sorry, it must be hard to watch what your son us going through and be worried about your grand daughter too.

zombiemom2
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 1:40 PM
How often does he get to see his daughter?? How old is she? If she is already old enough to be calling him daddy then she isn't going to easily forget him and start calling someone else daddy. I would be worried about her safety tho if her mom has really poor judgment. Is custody something you and your son could go after if you guys really feel like she isn't taking care of your granddaughters best interests?

Quoting bambismom:

Thank you, yes it is, very hard.  He has to deal with the fact that this guy, that his ex just met, is probably more time with his daughter than he is.   He doesn't want her calling somebody else daddy.  And, is this guy a good influence on his daughter.  Her mother has not shown good judgement at all.  It sucks, but what do you do.  He just has to try not to go there.  (on her page) He needs to talk to his counselor about how to deal with this. 

Quoting zombiemom2: Social Media has a lot of positive but also a lot of negative, like this. I'm sorry, it must be hard to watch what your son us going through and be worried about your grand daughter too.

bambismom
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM

He sees her every other weekend and every other holiday and he will get a week's vacation with her every year.  Unfortunately this is a common custody arrangement and with his work schedule I don't know if he has a lot of choice.  I've seen kids that are with their parents 50/50, and they are messed up.  There's no consistency in their lives.  She is 1 1/2, doesn't talk a lot yet but she definitely knows who daddy is, we make sure of it.  I don't think our granddaughter is in any danger, just not what my son would want for her, but he doesn't get to choose who his ex spends time with.  I do wish, however, she had waited longer to introduce the little girl to him.  There are a number of people he has talked to that agree it was way too soon.  She tells him she won't let the little girl call anybody else daddy, but that is yet to be seen.  Thanks for "listening." 

Quoting zombiemom2: How often does he get to see his daughter?? How old is she? If she is already old enough to be calling him daddy then she isn't going to easily forget him and start calling someone else daddy. I would be worried about her safety tho if her mom has really poor judgment. Is custody something you and your son could go after if you guys really feel like she isn't taking care of your granddaughters best interests?
Quoting bambismom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)