• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spiralling down, down, down.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My depression is so much worse recently. I have been wanting to hurt myself. I need help! I called my doctor and my therapist and they don't have an appointment available until late Nov. I have an appointment on the 14th. I don't want to be in a mental hospital again! I need stronger medications. or different medications. or something. I don't know what to do. all I want to do is cry or cut myself. Help me. what do I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I know you said you dont want to be in a mental hospital, but that might be the best thing for you right now. They can get you on the right meds and keep you safe. It is usually a short stay. Go to the er or call 911. Dont hurt yourself.
rhodaj
by rho on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:40 AM

I'm sorry you are going through this.  You mostly like have SAD, its that time of year.  If you get the urge to cut get ice and hold it in your hand till you cant take it any longer or put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it when you have the urge. Also remember that we are here for you.

matreshka
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:30 AM

The good thing is you called and you have an appointment on the 14th.  That's only 10 days away which is really good.  Some places you can't get in for months.

Has anything changed to make your depression worse?

Meds are only going to do so much.  When it comes to urges to cut, the biggest help is coping skills.  I know because I used to self harm.  The biggest help is self soothing.  Draw, do arts ad crafts, distact.  call crisis if you need to.

There are other levels of care besides lock down hospitalization.  there are partial hospitalization programs where you go to an outpatient program for the day like from 9-3ish monday-friday to get support.

MissMackiesgg
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:27 AM

My grandgirl has found the brushing up and down her arm with a stiff hairbrush can help too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Can't you go to the hospital and tell them how you're feeling? I'm really sorry you're going through this. Depression is awful. Keep telling yourself you're stronger than this. Remind yourself what you've overcome before.
I've never cut myself and never had the urges however I've been majorly depressed often and I know how isolating it can be. Know that you're not alone. I hope these 10 days go by fast for you. (Hugs)
AussieSnowGirl
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Very sorry you feel this way, but you may need to go to the hospital. Your psych will be called and he will treat you in an emergency situation quicker. Does the practice you go to have a nurse on hand? Just last Wednesday I called my psych doctor and left a message that I was pretty manic and needed my pills adjusted -they saw me the next day.

Please get help and don't think of it as a bad thing if you have to go to the hospital.

lfp
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Oh hun I feel for you!! Depressionis so difficult especially if you're alone. The stress center would probably be your best hope. as a reply earlier suggested or try the hotline for depression (It is I think the same number for help.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I just went in and told them I needer help. Now. I was able to see a nurse who was able to access my charts and talk to my therapists. Then she told my psychiatrist and she inreased my meds from 100 mg to 150 mg Zoloft.

Quoting AussieSnowGirl:

Very sorry you feel this way, but you may need to go to the hospital. Your psych will be called and he will treat you in an emergency situation quicker. Does the practice you go to have a nurse on hand? Just last Wednesday I called my psych doctor and left a message that I was pretty manic and needed my pills adjusted -they saw me the next day.

Please get help and don't think of it as a bad thing if you have to go to the hospital.

AussieSnowGirl
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM
When I went they added another medication called Quetiapine it's pretty much the same as abilify but has a sleep aid added. I take my abilify in the morning then before bed I take the Quetiapine, Lamicital and Celexa. Xanax PRN as needed. Seeing the nurse helped me heaps for my med adjustment - good luck to you :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: I just went in and told them I needer help. Now. I was able to see a nurse who was able to access my charts and talk to my therapists. Then she told my psychiatrist and she inreased my meds from 100 mg to 150 mg Zoloft.

Quoting AussieSnowGirl:

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM

((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

photo AutumnBlessingsLinda.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)