Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Noise!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

My neighbors' kids are home today from school because its election day and the school is the polling site.  They are off the wall.  We share that wall lol.  I wish they would settle down because the walls and floors are shaking and its putting me on edge.  I have spoken to them numerous times, to the landlord numerous times and they always act like they don't understand English, but they have a firm grasp on the language when they need something.

I have music on but it doesn't really help the fact that they are disturbing the walls and floor.

The thing is the former tenant used to have parties that we would never even hear.

I just need to vent because its impossible for me to control this or do anything about it and I'm stuck here all day.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM
That would really bug me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry.  If you have noise cancelling headphones, put them on and just don't plug them in.   I use mine to ride in the car when I'm not driving.  I can't stand noise either.  Especially other peoples noise, lol. 

Good luck and hang in there girl!  :)

MissMackiesgg
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Have the landlord come to your side of the wall before he/she goes next door.

bambismom
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Yes, headphones!   The landlord idea coming to your apartment is good too, hopefully at that moment they're making noise!  You shouldn't have to put up with it, when you live in an apartment building you need to be respectful.  I mean, kids are noisy, but it seems like they're being extremely noisy.

captainjack
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Sorry hugs.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 5, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Ugh, that totally sucks! My sister had that problem in her condo - the people downstairs would turn the bass up on their stereo and the kids would cause all kinds of racket.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)