Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Struggling

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

I had my son in May and have been struggling with postpardum depression.  When I had my daughter in 2011, I felt somewhat depressed, but nothing like this, and I was in a way worse situation.  I live in a nice house with a wonderful boyfriend who provides for me and our children.  I was able to quit my job two months ago to stay home with kids and focus on my online schooling, something I've always wanted to do.  My life is really good, I have no reason to be upset, but I am.  It's a hard feeling to describe, like I'm lost inside myself.  My boyfriend tries to be supportive, but men aren't programmed like we are, there's no way to make them understand.  I feel helpless and alone.  Somedays I  feel like stopping school and doing nothing with my life.  I just sit on the couch and cry.   I'm sick of feeling this way.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Have you seen your dr for your ppd. That may be a good place to start.

eviegram89
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I have an appointment on Nov. 26th, I plan on talking to him then

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Just because things are going good for you right now does not mean you cant have a chemical imbalance and suffer from ppd. You need to get to a dr and a therapist and probably be put on medicine. I had ppd after my first and it was horrible but there is help out there. You just have to seek it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)