• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ptsd

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

So today is a very bad day for me. I keep having the same nightmare over and over again. I woke up from the nightmare and I got so shaken up that I did the one thing that helps me release some of the pain and that was cut myself. I haven't cut in a long time and I had a very weak moment.
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:10 PM
I'm sorry you are feeling so badly. I struggle with PTSD too and I know what a nightmare it can be. Are you seeing a therapist? I hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKerns10
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM
I have tried to but normally after the first session they tell my doctor to up my meds when they don't need to be.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: I'm sorry you are feeling so badly. I struggle with PTSD too and I know what a nightmare it can be. Are you seeing a therapist? I hope you feel better soon.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Maybe they do need to up your meds, if you're still having problems. It takes time to find the right dosages. I still have nightmares all the time too.

Quoting MrsKerns10: I have tried to but normally after the first session they tell my doctor to up my meds when they don't need to be.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: I'm sorry you are feeling so badly. I struggle with PTSD too and I know what a nightmare it can be. Are you seeing a therapist? I hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKerns10
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Now they do but when I saw the last one I had just gotten on the medicine

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: Maybe they do need to up your meds, if you're still having problems. It takes time to find the right dosages. I still have nightmares all the time too.

Quoting MrsKerns10: I have tried to but normally after the first session they tell my doctor to up my meds when they don't need to be.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM
It does take time. I hope it all works out for you.

Quoting MrsKerns10: Now they do but when I saw the last one I had just gotten on the medicine

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: Maybe they do need to up your meds, if you're still having problems. It takes time to find the right dosages. I still have nightmares all the time too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 6:29 AM

PTSD sucks.  There are really very few meds for PTSD.  I take prazocin which is a blood pressure med which also helps stop ptsd induced nightmares.  It does help me.  The intrusive thoughts during the day are so hard for me to deal with.  I have self harm urges because the intrusive thoughts of all the trauma I've dealt with makes me phsycially sick. I wish it would end.  I wish I had some wors of enourgaement.  Keep working in therapy.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Nov. 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this right now. Are you seeing a therapist? If so, please discuss how you are feeling and the nightmares with them and see what advice they have to offer you.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM

*hugs*

bambismom
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I haven't had PTSD, I offer you (((((((((HUGS)))))))))))hugging

ShadowKitten
by Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I have it too. It really bites...I've been there also with the nightmares, and the only reason I haven't given into my SI urges is because I can't find my watch to hide the marks...I've really wanted to lately though...Sitting with you offering lots of ((((hugs)))).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)