Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so sick of being called crazy!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

My family makes  me so mad. I can't have one bad day or my family would say 'you're so effing crazy' or 'you belong back into the hospital' or 'you must of forgot to take your medicatioin today' grrrr! I've been in 7 hospitals this year. I understand that I'm not stable but it's so annoying and makes me feel worse about myself. I can't have one bad day.  My case manger wants me to go to an 24 hour group home! sorry just venting

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
matreshka
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:29 PM
What about going to day treatment? Have you asked your case manager if that is an option? When your family says ignorant statements, as much as it hurts just try to ignore it. It just shows that they don't understand or that they are mean.
msharleyjr
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Do you not want to go to a 24 hr home? Sometimes we have to remove ourselves from our families to get well. I noticed your avatar is your family Mormon as well? Could that be part of their problem with your depression?
lucy164
by Peggy on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:35 PM

hugging

Families can be so dense about mental illnesses and they say exactly the wrong thing.

I'm sorry that you had to suffer so much that 7 hospitalizations were needed.

I'm not sure what a group home is.  Would you have to sleep there.  We have partial hospitals where you spend 7 or 8 hours there and then go home

Please don't let your ignorant family upset you any more.  They don't know what they are talking about.

rhodaj
by rho on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Yes you can have a bad day. Turn it around on them if they are having a bad day and see how they like it. I did that to my mom not to long ago.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:17 AM
I would see if they have a day program you can go through. I have done that many times. I am sorry about your family.
Serenity7
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

photo christmasla_zps47819668.png 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)