Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a birthday close to Christmas do you get a gift or does it just get skipped

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM
rho
  • 7 Replies

My niece will be 16 on Christmas eve. She has always had a party and I have always made sure she gets her b'day gift then. Were some of the family tells her she has to wait till Christmas because it is combined. 

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:19 PM
My sisters birthday is December 17th and I think people try to combine, but I always try to make sure she has separate birthday and christmas gifts.
lucy164
by Peggy on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:23 PM

My husband's birthday is January 2 so he misses out.

Serenity7
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM

It all up to how you want to do it. Everyone does it different

photo christmasla_zps47819668.png 

Tiredmom53
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM

My Nephew was born on Christmas Day and he always got slided on his Birthday so we celebrate his birthday the half Year we celebrate it June 25. We make sure he has a Birthday Cake on Christmas

MissMackiesgg
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 11:59 AM

We have several bd in Dec. We always make sure that everyone has their party, cake and presents separate. In fact we do our immediate family Christmas on the 26th my Youngest grandgirls bd. We do Christmas presents and everything Christmas till about 4 and someone will yell time for Natalie's bd party and she gets her presents and brownies (doesn't like cake). We do just make a whole day of it. lol

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I've always felt bad for kids with a bday at xmas b/c they get sorta skipped over.

Memere60
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM

My SIL has hers on the 28th. Gotta get her something for that too.

my daughter has hers on January 12th. She sometimes makes comments about her birthday being so close to Christmas. She was 6 weeks premature. I always say, "You're the one who couldn't wait to see the world. You were supposed to wait until February!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)