Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Retail Therapy

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:20 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

About 11:30 p.m., I decided to hop in my cold car in drive to Walmart since I am down in my groceries and feeling sh**ty. And I must say I felt so much better walking around the almost-deserted aisles. I even ran into someone whom I used to work with and chatted a bit.

Anyway I decided to buy myself some sparkling juice cocktail just to celebrate me and viewing this as the year of the woman - me. I also got myself an all-in-one printer which will make it easier for me to apply for colleges and universities.

I don't have many enjoyments in my life other than extra calories and shopping. But they both make me feel good especially the shopping. I guess this will be my way of coping. So later on today I will give my girl Victoria's  Secret a visit since my bras are so raggedy that my coconuts look like boulders in sling shots. And after that, who knows! Maybe I will go to the M.A.C. section of Macy's and buy some makeup. I mine as well do as much as I can for myself since I will only live once and no one is going to treat me the way I need to be treated if I don't do so for myself first.

Thanks for "listening".

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:32 AM

good for you! i love taking little trips to walmart and treating myself. they have electric scooters i can get around in. i usually take just 20 dollars with me and get me some nail polish, a magazine, and a movie that only costs 10 dollars. that way i have some entertainment when i get home.

matreshka
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM

MAC is good stuff!  I want to go to sephora today because I got some cash for xmas and I want to try out a primer to put under foundation.  I guess its supposed to fill in lines and pores so your skin looks smooth and younger. 

I've been looking forward to some retail therapy of my own.

lucy164
by Peggy on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:26 AM

You go girl.

MissMackiesgg
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM

My retail therapy is usually confined to household products. They are for me because they make things easier for me to do.

Serenity7
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Shopping is fun

JesusistheReason-Linda-Dazed
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM
I normally hate shopping, but once in a while it makes me happy
luvmia
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I used hate shopping for clothes because nothing fit right and the fitting rooms have those obnoxious mirrors that add 10 pounds. lol.

Quoting leahbeah143: I normally hate shopping, but once in a while it makes me happy

rhodaj
by rho on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds great. I do that but I go shopping on the internet sometimes when I am depressed. Even if it is just looking espcially if it is a store we don't have close to us. I feel so much better for just thinking about me.

Seashell77
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I'm so glad you got out and did those nice things for yourself. It's always good to be good to yourself !!!good

Quoting luvmia:

About 11:30 p.m., I decided to hop in my cold car in drive to Walmart since I am down in my groceries and feeling sh**ty. And I must say I felt so much better walking around the almost-deserted aisles. I even ran into someone whom I used to work with and chatted a bit.

Anyway I decided to buy myself some sparkling juice cocktail just to celebrate me and viewing this as the year of the woman - me. I also got myself an all-in-one printer which will make it easier for me to apply for colleges and universities.

I don't have many enjoyments in my life other than extra calories and shopping. But they both make me feel good especially the shopping. I guess this will be my way of coping. So later on today I will give my girl Victoria's  Secret a visit since my bras are so raggedy that my coconuts look like boulders in sling shots. And after that, who knows! Maybe I will go to the M.A.C. section of Macy's and buy some makeup. I mine as well do as much as I can for myself since I will only live once and no one is going to treat me the way I need to be treated if I don't do so for myself first.

Thanks for "listening".

Seashell77
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM

I  also like to go window shopping online too, because it's often hard for me to go out, because of my back probs. and money is tight.  

Quoting rhodaj:

Sounds great. I do that but I go shopping on the internet sometimes when I am depressed. Even if it is just looking espcially if it is a store we don't have close to us. I feel so much better for just thinking about me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)