Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 & pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I'm 17 and I'm pregnant. I'm a college student and I model for Victor's International. I play basketball for college. I've been with my boyfriend for 1 year and 3 months. I am so scared to tell my mom because I had a miscarriage. She has child support on my dad and he would try to prove take me away from her and put my boyfriend in jail. Is there any way I can go to the doctor without her?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucy164
by Peggy on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Can you drive or get a ride from a girlfriend?.  I'm not sure I understsnd you.  Are you pregnant now or did you have a misscarriage?

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:04 PM

you can go to the health dept at any age without your parent and it is completely confidential.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:15 PM
This

Quoting lyrick24:

you can go to the health dept at any age without your parent and it is completely confidential.

rhodaj
by rho on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I don't know if you can go to the dr without a parent. I know my daughters couldn't when they was pregnant. At the age of 17 you have the choice of who you want to live with. Just because you became pregnant doesn't give your father a right to take you from your mom. 

When will you be 18?

Have you seen a dr at all yet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:50 PM
I'm pregnant. And yes he has a car and license

Quoting lucy164:

Can you drive or get a ride from a girlfriend?.  I'm not sure I understsnd you.  Are you pregnant now or did you have a misscarriage?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:51 PM
I'll be 18 in october

Quoting rhodaj:

I don't know if you can go to the dr without a parent. I know my daughters couldn't when they was pregnant. At the age of 17 you have the choice of who you want to live with. Just because you became pregnant doesn't give your father a right to take you from your mom. 

When will you be 18?

Have you seen a dr at all yet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Do I need my information like cards & stuff?

Quoting leahbeah143: This

Quoting lyrick24:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM

this is your second pregnancy at 17?  You need to go to a health clinic and I know in my state(NY) you do not need your parent's permission.  Check the laws in you state.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM
I'm sure things have changed since I was 17, but I did not need my mom's permission to go to the local teen clinic. I might have needed photo id, but I don't really remember.

Is your boyfriend being supportive?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do I need my information like cards & stuff?

Quoting lyrick24:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Yes ma'am he is very supportive. He's doing all he can to help me

Quoting leahbeah143: I'm sure things have changed since I was 17, but I did not need my mom's permission to go to the local teen clinic. I might have needed photo id, but I don't really remember.

Is your boyfriend being supportive?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do I need my information like cards & stuff?

Quoting lyrick24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)