Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flashbacks

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
I was at wrestling practice last night and there was this new guy that I have never seen before. He walked in and told me to get up so that he could sit there. I said no and it was all downhill from there.

I started getting uncomfortable as he sat next to me. He was making fun of his kids, calling them fat and chubby. Then he was making fun of his sons "beiber" haircut. Then he asks me if I liked Justin Beiber and I said no and he said well he (and pointed to his son) said you do. He never said that. Was just trying to be funny. This guy is was really rough looking and sounding. So I move my chair per my husbands request when I pulled him from coaching to tell him. I had shut down at this point. Was having flashbacks and totally shaking.

The guy then gets up and starts trying to take over practice of the first year kids (his son is a national champion) and tells the child with special needs that he needs to stop crying and there's no crying in wrestling. Then When the kid shuts down he PICKS HIM UP and tells him to stop in a stern (very aggressive voice). I almost jumped out of my chair no joke. I looked at the parents of this child and they are just watching!!!! I then leave because he's talking rough and the expetienced class is just starting that my husband and son stay for.

Well my husband comes home and says he talked to the head coach and said if he EVER talks to my son like that he will be exchanging words and it won't be pretty.

My husband is my safety. He was there and I still shut down with this guy. I'm terrified of going to practice and that the shutdowns and flashbacks are going to come back more frequently. I don't want to miss my sons practice though.
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mama2ETA
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:41 PM
Sorry it was so long
matreshka
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you handled yourself really well. This guy us out of line for do many reasons. Hopefully if he comes back and behaves this way someone can alert the coach and he can be ejected for unsportsmanlike behavior or something.
Mama2ETA
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:52 PM

unfortunately, the head coach knows him (which surprises me because the head coach is soooo nice) and was eyeing him the entire time waiting for him to overstep.

Thank you for that, I felt like I lost control. 

Quoting matreshka: I think you handled yourself really well. This guy us out of line for do many reasons. Hopefully if he comes back and behaves this way someone can alert the coach and he can be ejected for unsportsmanlike behavior or something.

bambismom
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I've never had flashbacks because I haven't been through that kind of trauma, but I have had some uncomfortable experiences at elementary wrestling practices.   My dh was a coach and there was one guy who thought he should run the show (kind of like this guy)  he didn't think what my dh did was good enough.  He nearly beat the crap out of him in the parking lot.  Another time I had brought my boys and this guy (he was drunk) came in complaining that so and so was supposed to meet him in the weight room.  He was like chewing me out.  Finally some of the dads chased him away and they told me to call 911.  Anyhow, just weird.  I'm sorry he was such a jerk and made you feel uncomfortable.  He should be banned from practice if he acts that way. 

lucy164
by Peggy on Jan. 15, 2015 at 6:42 AM

That guy sounds like a big jerk bully.  I'm sorry that it gave you flashbacks.  Could you still go to the practice and stick right beside you husband as far away as you can from the jerk?

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 10:52 AM

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

captainjack
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM

You did a great job handling that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)