Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have been in the worst mood

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

On Thursday I was in a minor car accident.  Completely my fault as the other car was parked.  Went to police dept and spoke to them.  I called the lady whose mirror I clipped.  Called my husband and of course he was mad at me.  I ruined his day which was already bad.  Then I went to get on my computer and it was all screwed up so I couldn't even use it.  I was afraid to tell DH about that one.  Then I got a voice mail from my friend and just hearing her friendly voice cheered me up.  The next morning I tried the computer again and...It worked fine I have no idea why.  So I feel better today, I just have to deal with my ndh and the lady whose car I hit.  I guess this is just a vent.  Sorry so long. ( ndh- not dear husband )  Thanks for reading.  By the way, I owe the lady $300 plus $300 for my own mirror.

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:36 AM

do you have insurance that will cover it? im sorry you had a bad day and your husband was a butthole. i hope things get better.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:50 AM
whatta day...it'd sure ruffle your feathers to have that kinda day...I hope today's better and all that ice melts...meltdown..only for ice...:-)
magmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:16 PM
That stinks. Amazing what such a little accident can do. My husband recently stepped wrong on his foot and broke it. One tiny misstep can cause so much. Your husband is not so dear right now. I hope he Will come around and have some compassion. You are honorable for going to the police to take responsibility. lots of love.
bambismom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:15 PM

I do hope your "ndh" comes around.   Car repairs can be very expensive, even with insurance if you have a high deductible.  $600 doesn't seem like a lot to me.  Does this have to be reported to your insurance?  I mean, is it really considered an accident if you clip a mirror?  ((((((HUGS)))))))

matreshka
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 10:25 AM

I'm sorry.  I'm quite familiar with car accidents.  Definitely go through insurance and make it right with her and her mirror.  As for your mirror can you go to a slavage yard and get one?  It would be considerably cheaper than $300.  At least around here in western mass, you go to the front office, they have it all in computers, you tell them what you are looking for and they locate it.  you could possibly even get it in the color you need and it wouldnt look so bad.

Sorry your ndh got pissy.  im sure he never made a mistake in his life right? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)