• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The damage is done.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
I dont know how I will be able to trust another man again due to the domestic violence I suffered by the.hands of my.2 exes. I would like to have kids but dont want to risk having them used against me which abusive and/or controlling men like to do. I feel damaged.beyond repair. Does anyone here know what I am dealing with? If so, how did you get up the courage to meet someone knew?
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PogoPalOj
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Hey I hear ya.  Been there done that.  Give me a PM if you would like.  There is also a website.  http://www.dailystrength.org/

Learning to trust again is hard.  It will take time and you need to be very careful.  Any man you think about dating, ask yourself, 'Is this a guy I'd like around my kids?'.

lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 1, 2015 at 4:22 PM

I went back to school for computer programming and there I met my husband who is not abusive.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
the people who were supposed to love us...beat us..manipulated...diabolical schemes..invented lies.took our sons..turned all on us..ruined a joyous happy soul...the damage is done..and...
what good is truth...when there's no justice
mrsary
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Divorced 5 years and still uneasy about men.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Sorry hun. I haven't been there with children. I had a few abusive boyfriends in the past but didn't have kids with them. All I can tell you is if you find another boyfriend take your time to really get to know him before having children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2015 at 5:08 AM
2 moms liked this

After my last marriage broke up, I went into counseling to figure out why I married such losers and jerks. Three of my husbands were abusive. The counseling helped me figure out why I dated the men I did and helped me break the pattern. I'm now married (almost 20 years) to a wonderful man who would never harm me (physically or psychologically). Don't look for someone new until you go through enough counseling so you can meet a nice man. At the end of my counseling (2+ years) I felt well enough to live by myself instead of jumping into another bad relationship. I dated my present husband for 2 years before we got married. We had known each other for about 8 years before we dated.

Please do not look for anyone until you've done the counseling you need.

matreshka
by on Feb. 2, 2015 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I really have no idea.  i wonder about this myself because I dont want to be alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2015 at 7:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Read about personality types.

There were signs early in both of your relationships. That you either did not see at the tiem. Or refused to see them.

Write a list of those early signs in both men. Small incidents.

Take your time. There is no big hurry to find someone. When you are not looking you will find someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)