• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They've shown no interest in her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My ex has other kids from a previous relationship who are older. They don't really have a relationship with our daughter because they are pretty much adults.

He gave one of his older daughters my number(i use an app to text him and am careful about what i say i also screenshot his texts he sends) and she texted yesterday asking if she could have dd for a weekend, i never responded today she called twice and i never picked up.

I don't feel comfortable letting dd go stay a weekend with his older kids. They've shown zero interest in her until yesterday.

I do not know his older girls and have only met them once when dd was a baby. He barely takes dd around them because he doesn't get along with their mother.

He gave them my number and probably told them to text or call me and ask. My child goes nowhere without me.

It isn't up to me to facilitate a relationship between my daughter and these girls who have kids of their own and want very little or nothing to do with her, that is their dads job not mine and if he refuses why should i do what he won't.

He's given his sister my number and now his kids. There is no way i'm going for this. I've invited them over to spend time with dd before and they never bothered to come, so why the sudden interest?

They have a 7 month old brother they've never met too, yet their only interest is in dd.

I do not want my daughter going incase something happens but they are trying their hardest to get her.

If i have to i'll get him for harassment.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KimmyShaw
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:39 PM
If he's your ex then why doesn't he get them together on "his time"? Why are they contacting you? Or did I miss that part?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:46 PM
Idk why he won't get them together on his time he has 50/50. I don't want his kids contacting me at all. I think they are doing it to harass me so he can try and take dd from me.

I've went as far as inviting them here to my house with just me being here and giving them a chance to see dd. They won't come over.

Quoting KimmyShaw: If he's your ex then why doesn't he get them together on "his time"? Why are they contacting you? Or did I miss that part?
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:49 PM
I think your mom's intuitive response is right on...NO..:-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:59 PM
I'm not letting her go regardless she's only 5 and her sisters are in their late teens early 20's. Nope i trust nobody with her. The only time she was away was when i had ds and she stayed with my aunt, her dad went behind my back and picked her up.

He brought her to the hospital at 1am and pretty much told me i had to take her because his wife was having their baby. It led to an argument in my room while i was recovering from a c-section.

I just want to make sure my daughter is safe.

Quoting happyolechimp: I think your mom's intuitive response is right on...NO..:-)
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 1, 2015 at 4:16 AM

i dont blame you for not letting her go. i would also have invited them over to spend time with her. there would have to be some sort of relationship formed between them or a bond of trust with them. i would not put my daughter into an uncertain situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2015 at 6:27 AM
I have they refuse to come over

Quoting lyrick24:

i dont blame you for not letting her go. i would also have invited them over to spend time with her. there would have to be some sort of relationship formed between them or a bond of trust with them. i would not put my daughter into an uncertain situation.

lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 1, 2015 at 7:03 AM

I am with you.  If it was my daughter, I would not let her go either.  There is something fishy about his daughter asking your daughter to spend time with her having shown no interest in your DD before.  The harder those other daughters try to get her there, the harder I would resist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2015 at 7:21 AM
I'm taking screenshots of everything including his texts if he says anything to me about it today when he brings dd home i'll tell him no that dd doesn't like going over there. Which is true she's just afraid to speak up.

Quoting lucy164:

I am with you.  If it was my daughter, I would not let her go either.  There is something fishy about his daughter asking your daughter to spend time with her having shown no interest in your DD before.  The harder those other daughters try to get her there, the harder I would resist.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 10:00 AM
You might to file.for.full custody like.YESTERDAY.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Idk why he won't get them together on his time he has 50/50. I don't want his kids contacting me at all. I think they are doing it to harass me so he can try and take dd from me.

I've went as far as inviting them here to my house with just me being here and giving them a chance to see dd. They won't come over.

Quoting KimmyShaw: If he's your ex then why doesn't he get them together on "his time"? Why are they contacting you? Or did I miss that part?
matreshka
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Dont pick up the phone, dont respond to texts. dont say anything negative at all.  like someone else said file for full custody.  you do have every right to be upset but when it comes to handling this with him and them and with lawyers and court its important to appear strong and level headed.  defifinitely vent here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)