Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it just me?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm always in fear of something bad happening. Thinking "what if"... I try so hard to change my thoughts but It's hard... this is what gives me anxiety or panic attacks. Some days I feel emotional but don't know why. My best friend helps a lot when I call him and he's patient enough to talk me through the anxiety. I try not to call him each time though because I don't want to make him my "crutch". For the most part, my days are good but my attacks hit at night. This is just a vent (sorry, this group has really helped when I feel an episode coming on ,, so I read through the posts) but is it just me?? Some friends say they have been through it but they seem to never help (excluding my best friend)... and I also have some minor aches and pains and get so terrified for no reason...
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bambismom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Do you take medication for your anxiety?   I have had some very anxious moments, and I've come on here, and it seems there is always somebody here that makes me feel better.  (even late at night)  hugging Keep coming, the ladies here are very supportive and good listeners.  (((((((HUGS)))))))))

ClassyMaye
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 3:13 AM
text-decoration:underline;">No... at least not yet.

Quoting bambismom:

Do you take medication for your anxiety?   I have had some very anxious moments, and I've come on here, and it seems there is always somebody here that makes me feel better.  (even late at night)  hugging Keep coming, the ladies here are very supportive and good listeners.  (((((((HUGS)))))))))

luvmia
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:55 AM
Hugs. Do you have a trauma past? With anything traumatic in one's past can potentially prompt fears that something bad might happen. To help with your anxiety and attacks, you might want to go to therapy to learn ways to deal.with them and also.get medication to manage them.
ClassyMaye
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 10:25 AM
text-decoration:underline;">Yes, I'm so ready for tomorrow so that I can make my doctor appointment. I don't really consider my past traumatic. I have been through a lot (going through a divorce, becoming a single parent, going from a SAHM to a working mother to quitting my job due to emotional distress getting the best of me, losing my grandmother who I was really close to) I have put off dealing with so many feelings and holding everything in all my life. Now I NEED To Let It Out and I can't without having an episode. But I am definitely going to get the help I need. I took the first step by calling a hotline that I find extremely helpful.

Quoting luvmia: Hugs. Do you have a trauma past? With anything traumatic in one's past can potentially prompt fears that something bad might happen. To help with your anxiety and attacks, you might want to go to therapy to learn ways to deal.with them and also.get medication to manage them.
matreshka
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I take a really low dose of celexa because i could not get my panic attacks under control and the medication does help with that.  I also do a lot of therapy to stop my thinking patterns that cause me to worst case scenario every little thing like going to the grocery store or interacting with a harmless person.

lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 1, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Many, many people get anxiety attacks.  It is certainly not just you.  I udes to get them but they went away with 0.5 mgs of Klonopin.

Memere60
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM

The older I get, the more those thoughts invade my brain. I had a bad fall on Thursday night and wrecked my foot and shoulder. I know my foot is severely sprained, and I am still waiting on the report of my shoulder x ray. My daughter is starting to say, "If dad passes away first, you can't live alone".  

I can't tell if this kind of stuff is anxiety or a panic attack (are they the same thing?).

You're pretty young, aren't you? You've got a long way to go.....please stay with us in this group. The ladies have helped me tremendously. Maybe we can help you.

P.S. I told one of my doctors that I have a fear of what is going to happen to me. She's about my age, and her response was, "We're all afraid of that". I asked her, "Even you?". Her answer, "Of course". For some reason, that helped me a lot......

ClassyMaye
by on Feb. 2, 2015 at 2:32 PM
Memere60 yes, I will definitely stay with this group. It has really helped me. Today was awesome compared to yesterday and The night before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)