Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Experiences with Seroquel?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

I haven't been sleeping and am supposed to try a low dose of it to fix that. I'm worried about feeling too tired (I'm tired already) and gaining weight. ugh. Any good/bad experiences?Thanks!

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
magmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:38 PM
I take it- 200 mg I think. It does make me groggy to help me sleep. helps calm down my racing thoughts. I like it. Worked for me years ago so when I needed it again Dr thought it was a good place to start. It's been great for a couple years.
matreshka
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 6:27 AM

OMG I gained so much weight on it!!!!

momwriter
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:26 AM

I'm only taking 50 mg. Dr said it probably won't cause weight gain at such a low dose. She better be right. If I start gaining, I will need to wean off :(

Quoting matreshka:

matreshka
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:31 AM
"Everyone's different" so idk. Most recently I was on 200- 300 mg. Years ago I was on 600 - 800. On my recent experience I gained 40 lbs. I am a healthy eater. Low carb organic vegetarian practically vegan.

Quoting momwriter:

I'm only taking 50 mg. Dr said it probably won't cause weight gain at such a low dose. She better be right. If I start gaining, I will need to wean off :(

Quoting matreshka:

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:54 AM

I couldn't take it - it made me soooo sick!

MissMackiesgg
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 2:15 PM

It made me shake so bad that I couldn't peel boiled potatoes with a butter knife.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2015 at 2:19 PM
It gave me am a thesis so bad I couldn't take it. One dose done me in. That is not to say how it will work on you. My daughter took it and she liked it.
seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Not sure about this med.  Just remember no one posts good things about a med on web sites.  Just the bad stuff.  And everyone reacts different.  You may love it when some one else hates it.  Our bodies are so different.  That's why I am Melissa and not you.  Trying it for the first time can be the hardest part.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 5:32 PM

You're right. Than you! I started it last night and feel ok today, except for some withdrawal from my other med. (It's a low dose)

Quoting seaturtle1:

Not sure about this med.  Just remember no one posts good things about a med on web sites.  Just the bad stuff.  And everyone reacts different.  You may love it when some one else hates it.  Our bodies are so different.  That's why I am Melissa and not you.  Trying it for the first time can be the hardest part.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 7:33 PM

I've been on it for 4 years and I love it.

Ellen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)