Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sh** Happens,but

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:03 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm starting to run outta toilet paper! Since I tore my meniscus in my left knee(2011), I have had a stroke (2012), had heart surgery,am going through tests, drs suspecting uterine cancer, found out that I have Sjogrens Syndrome, Rhuemetoid Arthritis, Coronary Artery Disease, I just had spine infusion surgery in November, now I am going to have total knee replacement surgery! My 2 oldest are going through tough times right now and I'm trying to help them. I'm adjusting to not working, I am 53 now, started working when I was 8 out in the berry fields, am now on disability, my depression is due to not being able to work. I'm trying to adjust, but at times I feel like a burden. I figured everything happens for a reason, not sure yet what it is yet. All I can do is grin and bear it! My motto is
Shit happens, ya wipe and flush!
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:40 PM
well hon...all that hard work shows up on us...even tho 53 is young for all the physical disabilities..I'm glad you got your disability and just take care of your body...
you have a way of looking on bright side..:-)
lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Could you work from home since not working causes you depression?

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2015 at 10:29 AM
The agency on aging and disabilities in your state can help you find a job to supplement your income that is something you could tolerate. It could be answering phone calls or anything. They are working with me right now. I am 49 and in a wheelchair due to back problems. I have a history of kidney failure and I am a diabetic.
MissMackiesgg
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 2:20 PM

I told my son that shit happens when he had been in the hospital about the 7th week (13 total) after a car wreck. He asked what happens if shit doesn't happen. So I told him you'll explode.

seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 2:35 PM

There is another mom on here that has sjogrens would you like me to get you in touch with her?  She might be able to encourage you or give you some pointers. Very sweet lady.

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2015 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya - so sorry.  Hugs.  All we can do is keep hanging in there & trust it will get better.   BTW - like your sayings at the top.

hugging

LaughsAlot
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Mobile Photo

Thanks, I used to stress on Everything, that's what caused my stroke, now I figure if there's anything I can do to change my situation, I do it, if not, I accept the things I can't change or do anything about.

Quoting happyolechimp: well hon...all that hard work shows up on us...even tho 53 is young for all the physical disabilities..I'm glad you got your disability and just take care of your body...
you have a way of looking on bright side..:-)
LaughsAlot
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Mobile Photo

I'm making beaded jewelry and hoops to sell at a weekend market, but right now it's hard to sit very long, as I'm recuperating from my back surgery and next is my total knee replacement surgery!

Quoting lucy164:

Could you work from home since not working causes you depression?

LaughsAlot
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Mobile Photo

I'm hoping to go back to work after I heal from my next surgery, even if it's just pumping gas, I know I can never be a baker again, so I'm going to see about classes for an office job. Otherwise I'll take what I can!

Quoting lyrick24: The agency on aging and disabilities in your state can help you find a job to supplement your income that is something you could tolerate. It could be answering phone calls or anything. They are working with me right now. I am 49 and in a wheelchair due to back problems. I have a history of kidney failure and I am a diabetic.
LaughsAlot
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2015 at 3:21 PM
Let your son know that choices/decisions he makes today can affect him in the future, either tomorrow, next week or even 5 years from now. I have found that out during my 53 years of mistakes and blunders!

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

I told my son that shit happens when he had been in the hospital about the 7th week (13 total) after a car wreck. He asked what happens if shit doesn't happen. So I told him you'll explode.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)