Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does the news effect you ?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:43 PM
  • 25 Replies

The news is so darn depressing, don't you think.  How does the news effect your mood ? Does it tend to make you more depressed or anxious ? Are you able to stay in touch with what's going on and not allow it to get you down ?

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrianna31
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't read or watch the news for that exact reason
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I am overly emotional since becoming a mom and while I used to find the news sad, now it 's too much to take at times. There have been nights I sat and watched with DH and cried on more than one story. And then I keep thinking about victims. I like to be informed but the news can be too much for me sometimes.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
this is a great post...the news tries on my nerves..the now...the future for kids...this world...
yeah...it's surreal...
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I find the News depressing.
Seashell77
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:20 PM

That's exactly how I feel 

Quoting happyolechimp: this is a great post...the news tries on my nerves..the now...the future for kids...this world... yeah...it's surreal...

Seashell77
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting newwifenmom:

I am overly emotional since becoming a mom and while I used to find the news sad, now it 's too much to take at times. There have been nights I sat and watched with DH and cried on more than one story. And then I keep thinking about victims. I like to be informed but the news can be too much for me sometimes.

I feel like you do and it's too much for me a lot of the times

SpiritFortress
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 3:31 AM

The media focuses so much on the negative stuff that I can't look at it daily. It's unhealthy for me. I look for good news stories regularly to help restore my hope for humanity because despite all the bad we get shoved in our faces every day, there are good people in the world doing very good things and I need to hear about that. I still check out the bad stuff too because I don't want to be totally in the dark on it all but I don't dwell there. 

U-R-Beautiful
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 3:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I freak out. I get anxiety attacks. :( I would like for them to start having a happy hour news show. Showing daily positives stories.
matreshka
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I am very concerned about world events, I am concerned about the economy.  However my paranoia gets the best of me and no matter what news outlet you visit, the spin is so sensationalized you are not going to get the pure facts without some sort of skewed analysis meant to fire you up one way or another.

Mamajustice92
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Can't watch it..or I'll worry to hard
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)