Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blue

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

I dont have a facebook to show the world pictures of me and my kids, i dont take the time to put on makeup and I buy different nail polishes and never polish my nails, i dont care to hair my hair done all the time, i can never find clothes to fit so i hate shopping, i dont teach my daughters to put their hands on their hips while they take pictures or support them when they want to do something girly, i am always asking why do you need this or why do you want to do that, i dont shave as often as i should, i dont care to have friends, i am a loner, i dont care half of the time that I am so plain, what am i doing? my kids deserve better, i am just wasting space here on earth

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:22 AM

you just described how i feel half of the time. i will paint my nails though. i am overwt and dont like to try on new clothes. i order mine since i know what size i am. i dont wear makup and i have a plate of teeth that i dont wear a lot of times. but i have to say that i am ok with all of this. i am comfortable in a lot of ways so i try not to focus on the things i dont do.

Minimonsters
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:37 AM
Do something that makes you feel good, I love being creative whether it's stuff with the kids or something a little more challenging. Learning is a great way to boost your self esteem. Don't be defined by how much time you spend preening yourself I like to wear make up because it makes me feel more attractive and gives me confidence but it doesn't make me a better person and when I'm really low I struggle with even basic care like brushing my teeth. Facebook gives the impression everyone has wonderful happy lives, I use it for my business but when I'm low I avoid my personal page because it just makes me feel more lonely. Hugs xx
lucy164
by Peggy on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:23 AM

That is your depression talking to you and it is a liar.  You are isolating which makes depression worse.  Was there a time when you did care about all the things that you mentioned?  I hope that you see a doctor for meds and also a therapist. hugs

MissMackiesgg
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:29 AM

You need to try to not focus on all of negatives and make a list of blessings each night. It could be as small as the fact that you got your shower, or that you got the kids out the door for school on time.Each little blessing will help you see that there are good things in your life. You are stronger than you think. {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:41 AM

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

magmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this
You are not wasting space, you are important in a way only you can be. This is a season. It will pass. Remember the things you enjoyed before in life? You will feel that again. The feelings you have are not the truth. Do you go to therapy? It would be beneficial I think to help you get through This tough time. You are beautiful and strong. You are a mother, which means you were chosen to be a mother, which means you are given strength to be a m0ther. Lots of love! Hang in there!
Guerita6hijos
by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 7:34 PM
Those are such strong and bold words! They gave me hope! Thanks for sharing! 🌷

Quoting magmommy: You are not wasting space, you are important in a way only you can be. This is a season. It will pass. Remember the things you enjoyed before in life? You will feel that again. The feelings you have are not the truth. Do you go to therapy? It would be beneficial I think to help you get through This tough time. You are beautiful and strong. You are a mother, which means you were chosen to be a mother, which means you are given strength to be a m0ther. Lots of love! Hang in there!
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2015 at 2:25 PM
hon..life's hard..and at least...you're not superficial
lucy164
by Peggy on Mar. 9, 2015 at 8:04 AM

Hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Wow. It sounds like you were writing about me, to a tee! I have completely shut down. I have 4 kids and a hubby and I still can't pull myself out of this. It has always been something I struggle with but it seems like this is my new normal. No friends, no interests, no joy. I can go days without the phone ringing or even a text. I never leave the house and I am totally fine with that. I don't go out because I look so horrible but it's too much effort to do anything about it. Pretty pathetic, I know. And what message am I sending my girls??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)