Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oy vey! My life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Hi guys, I need someone to talk to too. So I will post here. I have been feeling depressed lately (I have had a good streak of non depressionness). I have been doing the same boring stressful thing for a little under a year now. I don't see an end. I have no friends and no social life. I got to school two days a week for a few hours and then work. I work at restaurant. I love the Social interaction there but I know they are not good people with good habits, of you know what I mean (drugs, sex, alcohol, partying etc) but it is the only way I fit in. But I am making poor choices. Which is not me!! But u make good money, which I choice to spend on shopping and collecting. I don't see my life going anywhere! I am not going to college next year because I can't find what I want. I see all the people I know with boyfriends and lives it makes me jealous. I feel I need a drastic change, but don't know what, when, why or how! I am bored of where I live and my daily life. I need friends, I need a social life. I need an adventure!!! But I feel stuck. I am financially and emotionally (for the most part) dependent on my parents. I have a close relationship with them. I want to become dependent, strong, healthy but I don't know how! I feel like I am wasting my life away. I don't want to become like the people at my work. I just worked a 14 hour shift for others because it kept me busy, making money, takes my mind off things, social interaction etc. I am sorta smart (3.4 GPA) I feel like it isn't good enough to go anywhere. I just don't know!! Have any of you been in this situation?? My parents are open to a change/me leaving etczz. But they want me to be realistic. And sometimes (all the time) I am a dreamer. Sink or swim is my motto!! How should I get out of this?? Help!!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:55 AM
My life exactly
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:51 PM

i would try focusing on myself and not a relationship right now. if you think you have a bad job, then get a job somewhere else. if your parents are mostly supporting you, you need to find a better job anyway. i wouldnt quit school. try to find something you are interested in and go for it while you can. you can meet people at school to socialize with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)