Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mandatory in friendship?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
Do you believe that open disclosure is mandatory to have a good friendship? Why or why not?
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Memere60
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you mean telling someone everything about yourself? 

If you do, no, I don't think it's necessary. 

luvmia
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I come across too many women who feel as though good Friends (bffs) are suppose.that's.share.everything. I realized.that one of the reasons when I dont have anything gf is because I dont share "enough" for their liking. I find.that women want to know.too much about other women's business.

Quoting Memere60:

Do you mean telling someone everything about yourself? 

If you do, no, I don't think it's necessary. 

redheadtmk
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I havent come across that. Although i have pretty down to earth friends because i let people know from the start that i am drama free, call it like i see it, and put up with no crap.
luvmia
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It's about some women being too intrusive. I really think that it has to do.with insecurities. I find that some women feel that if you arent as open as they will like you to be with them, then you dont want a connection with them like they want with you. I also think it has to do with them having control issues.

Quoting redheadtmk: I havent come across that. Although i have pretty down to earth friends because i let people know from the start that i am drama free, call it like i see it, and put up with no crap.
bambismom
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:24 PM

It depends on how long you've known the person and how close you feel to them.  I have a friend I've known for 40 years, I tell her everything, and she does the same to me.  I also have friends I've known for 10-15 years.  I have one friend in particular I share things with, but I don't tell her everything the same as the other one I've known most of my life. 

luvmia
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Some people, no matter how long you have known them, shouldn't know everything because they dont know how to keep things to herself or will use it.to passively aggressively throw in your face later.

Quoting bambismom:

It depends on how long you've known the person and how close you feel to them.  I have a friend I've known for 40 years, I tell her everything, and she does the same to me.  I also have friends I've known for 10-15 years.  I have one friend in particular I share things with, but I don't tell her everything the same as the other one I've known most of my life. 

bambismom
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, they don't sound like very good friends.  A good friend allows you to talk, as much or as little as you want.  They are just there for you.  

Quoting luvmia: Some people, no matter how long you have known them, should know everything because they dont know how to keep things to herself or will use it.to passively aggressively throw in your face later.
Quoting bambismom:

luvmia
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Some women do think that is how friendship is suppose to be with other women. I never understood that.mindset.

Quoting bambismom:

Yeah, they don't sound like very good friends.  A good friend allows you to talk, as much or as little as you want.  They are just there for you.  

Quoting luvmia: Some people, no matter how long you have known them, should know everything because they dont know how to keep things to herself or will use it.to passively aggressively throw in your face later.
Quoting bambismom:

lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 6, 2015 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't stand women who try to pry into my life.  If I want to tell them something, I will.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 5:22 PM
I feel the same way. And what annoys me the most is when they try to do it passive aggressively. smh. When that doesnt work.they make up something about me and/or say things like, "She's not very so friendly" and "She's hard to get to know". lol.

Quoting lucy164:

I can't stand women who try to pry into my life.  If I want to tell them something, I will.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)