Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It.was.for the best.

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have been thinking and I realized that it is for the best that my son left my home. He was getting out of control and I was having a harder time managing him. In addition to this, I was quickly coming apart at the seams mentally, emotionally and physically.

Sigh. In retrospect, I made a lot of mistakes with him including some that are possibly unforgivable. Unfortunately I wasnt a good enough mother and I hope my mistakes have not scarred him. Sometimes I wonder if the future holds for me more children and at times I think that maybe it is not a good idea for me since I have so many issues due to my own dysfunctional upbringing. In all honesty, I really dont have anything left.to give anyone especially another.child. Sigh. I feel so worthless in some ways.

I just hope.that he doesnt fall through.the cracks like.I.did. Eventhough he was deceitful to me and betrayed me, I still care that he will be alright. Thats the follishness in mothers.

Thanks for."listening".
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
friendlymom5
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:41 PM
I'm sorry hugs and prayers
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2015 at 4:17 AM
It is not foolish to want the good for your son even though he betrayed you. That is just being a caring mother. I would concentrate on some of my own issues though before I thought about bringing another life into the world but I don't think you should just forget about having anymore children. You are a kind and loving person and have a lot to offer as a mother.
luvmia
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Of course I realize that I need to focus on getting myself together with ALL of my issues. Just like most women I.yearn for more children but as I stated already.I know.I am not healthier enough for.them nor do I have anything to.give.them. Furthermore,.I am very much aware that I am too damaged to care for.someone.else let alone myself. Besides I dont even have a beau.yet to eventually marry and have kids.

I know.I am kind but I dont think.I have the.caring aspect to give.to anyone especially a child. Sigh. I struggle with caring for myself. Maybe one day I will be better.

Quoting lyrick24: It is not foolish to want the good for your son even though he betrayed you. That is just being a caring mother. I would concentrate on some of my own issues though before I thought about bringing another life into the world but I don't think you should just forget about having anymore children. You are a kind and loving person and have a lot to offer as a mother.
lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 11, 2015 at 8:38 AM

I hope that he doesn't fall between the cracks either.  Can you do anything to help prevent that?  Don't beat yourself up for not being a perfect mother because there is no such thing. 

captainjack
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 10:03 AM

I am sorryhugsand prayers

luvmia
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Nope. He is already exhibiting behavior issues in school (since his school kept calling me instead of his father who has custody). But because I dont have legal custody, my hands are tied. His father will not put him in therapy because men dont believe in that and it is frowned upon in the African American community.

Quoting lucy164:

I hope that he doesn't fall between the cracks either.  Can you do anything to help prevent that?  Don't beat yourself up for not being a perfect mother because there is no such thing. 

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:12 PM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)