• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sitting at mass rehab comission...

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:47 PM
  • 14 Replies
Waiting for orientation. I am going to try to go back to work if they tell me they think I can/if there are jobs I can do. It's been so long since I had a job and I want to be useful. Plus I need to get outside of myself.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graybealgirl
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:50 PM
Congratulations good luck
lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 1:59 PM

i know what you mean. im sick of not doing anything productive. i am waiting on the agency for rehabilitative services to contact me.

Memere60
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:24 PM

I know you are extremely smart (and highly educated, right?). I hope there is a job that will be a good fit for you.

How have you been feeling physically? I don't have your health problems, but I do have severe neuropathy (and arthritis). My neurologist had to try a few things to help with that Gabapentin, which is a drug for seizures, but also approved as a nerve block). Just recently, he switched me to a time-release Gabapentin ($500 a month). There is a program that I got into, and my co-pay is only $25. I have to wait a few days to start it because of my eye surgery. Just letting you know about this in case your  current medication gives you any problems. 

Let us know how things work out with the job search. Oh, and are you moving so you can be near the bus line?

matreshka
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:42 PM
Thanks. I got some info I guess my neuro just has to medically clear me for work.

Quoting graybealgirl: Congratulations good luck
matreshka
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:44 PM
I went and I got a bit frustrated. There were some people there who were obviously there because a drug program made them be there. Apparently drug addiction is a disability in Massachusetts. Anyway I'm not sure if I'll be medically cleared...
matreshka
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:36 PM
Im back to having migraines a lot but it's something I have to live with. My meds are stable but I have about 20 myoclonic seizures a day. I did have to go to the er the other week because they wouldn't stop like rapid fire one after the other. and I needed a liquid benzo iv.

Now dh is saying he doesn't want to move but it's not really his decision. I do everything in this relationship. I'll move with or without him. I honestly don't care anymore.

Quoting Memere60:

I know you are extremely smart (and highly educated, right?). I hope there is a job that will be a good fit for you.

How have you been feeling physically? I don't have your health problems, but I do have severe neuropathy (and arthritis). My neurologist had to try a few things to help with that Gabapentin, which is a drug for seizures, but also approved as a nerve block). Just recently, he switched me to a time-release Gabapentin ($500 a month). There is a program that I got into, and my co-pay is only $25. I have to wait a few days to start it because of my eye surgery. Just letting you know about this in case your  current medication gives you any problems. 

Let us know how things work out with the job search. Oh, and are you moving so you can be near the bus line?

MissMackiesgg
by on May. 7, 2015 at 5:26 PM

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

RandomAnon
by on May. 8, 2015 at 7:47 AM

My mother takes Neurontin (which I think is Gabapentin or close to it?) and it works really well for her.  She has chemotherapy induced neuropathy.  She went off of it (because she ran out and for some reason wanted to see how bad it was without it) and she was miserable until I finally convinced her that it wasn't the end of the world to take another medication.  She just started back on it on Monday and she said she slept so well and feels so much better.  I wish you the same results! 

Quoting Memere60:

RandomAnon
by on May. 8, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Wishing you good luck in finding a job you like!  :)

Memere60
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Yes, Neurontin and Gabapentin are the same drug. I have been on it for years (2,700 mg), because the pain is unbearable. Like hundreds of bees on your feet. That's where my neuropathy is. I'm kind of disappointed, because my doc switched me from 2,700 mg to 1,800 mg slow release. My pharmacist told me that she has a lot of patients that took the slow release med, and it's really hard on the gut, because you have to take them all at once. 

I'm glad your mom decided to take the medication again. After going through chemo, she deserves to have a good quality of life. And I'm glad you didn't downplay her pain. Neuropathy is so hard to live with, and you can't tell by looking at someone. The nerve damage is very real, but invisible.

Quoting RandomAnon:

My mother takes Neurontin (which I think is Gabapentin or close to it?) and it works really well for her.  She has chemotherapy induced neuropathy.  She went off of it (because she ran out and for some reason wanted to see how bad it was without it) and she was miserable until I finally convinced her that it wasn't the end of the world to take another medication.  She just started back on it on Monday and she said she slept so well and feels so much better.  I wish you the same results! 

Quoting Memere60:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)