• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brintellix

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 3:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm trying a slow taper from cymbalta (on it for 3 yrs) to Brintellix. Has anyone tried it? It's fairly new...Supposed to be activating, which is what I need.

by on May. 5, 2015 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucy164
by Peggy on May. 5, 2015 at 6:26 PM

I have heard of it but never tried it.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 6, 2015 at 5:10 AM
I think it was matreshka who posted some info on it before. I've heard of it but it is fairly new.
magmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:33 AM
I've not heard of it. Seems like you've had a rough time with meds. It took so long for me to find the right"combo". it's hard but you will get there.
momwriter
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Some combos have worked then I have to stop due to bad side effects. Brintellix is different from regular SSRI's, sort of atypical in the way it works. We'll see if I'm able to taper slowly off the Cymbalta; I've taken it for 3 years and we're just thinking it might not be working as well as it used to...it's hard to tell, though. How long have you been on the same meds?

Quoting magmommy: I've not heard of it. Seems like you've had a rough time with meds. It took so long for me to find the right"combo". it's hard but you will get there.

magmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:41 PM
Quoting momwriter:

Some combos have worked then I have to stop due to bad side effects. Brintellix is different from regular SSRI's, sort of atypical in the way it works. We'll see if I'm able to taper slowly off the Cymbalta; I've taken it for 3 years and we're just thinking it might not be working as well as it used to...it's hard to tell, though. How long have you been on the same meds?

Quoting magmommy: I've not heard of it. Seems like you've had a rough time with meds. It took so long for me to find the right"combo". it's hard but you will get there.

Oh goodness, well, I have had several episodes throughout the years. About every 2-3 years. Each time it's been worse. So first time Zoloft worked. Second time I had to add seroquel. I finally decided to stay on the meds after a terrible one in 2003. It just wasn't worth it to me.

But I got pregnant so I changed to a safer drug until I was done breast feediIg. I felt great after that so I went down just to wellbutrin. then I flipped. I was feeling low and adding Zoloft again sent me into a full manic state.

After2 years we got to wellbutrin, seroquel, Zoloft, lamictal. I know it's ALOT and I hate that but it is keepiIg me sane right now.

So Really for the years I have been on these meds a long time. But in this combo that works, it's been about a year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)