Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The source of my depression lately.

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:22 PM
  • 19 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is what I'm dealing with. I've made other posts in here about extreme damage and how to fix it. But honestly I'm heart broken. I don't know where to go from here except maybe bald. Which is already starting to happen. I have been using so many different types of hair repair and only shampooing twice a week. I condition in between washes and have to pin my hair back because it won't lay down and it helps hide the damage. But my head is getting so sore from doing that. Any advice is welcome although I'm sure I've tried almost everything.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zboys
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:35 PM

It's hard for me to see any damage.  I just see a small bald spot. 

lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 6, 2015 at 5:05 AM
I can't tell a lot from the pictures, but are you getting it professionally done or doing it yourself? You may have to go with a shorter cut for a while to get rid of all the damage.
Minimonsters
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2015 at 5:22 AM
Pure food grade coconut oil is really good for hair. Smother your dry hair in it and massage your scalp with it for 10 mins, wrap you hair in cling film the warmth from your head will open up your pores and allow more of the oil to be absorbed, leave it for an hour or even overnight and shampoo out. It's kinder than commercial conditioners and apparently promotes hair growth, although I already have thick hair so I don't really notice it on me. I try to do this once a week but you could try doing it 2 or 3 times a week and hopefully get quicker results. I also agree having a hair cut will get rid if some of the damage and might give you a wee confidence boost too. Xx
Memere60
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Well, hippie chic, my hair is much worse than yours. Have you been checked for an underactive thyroid?

I buy something through Amazon.com from a company called Beauty Encounter. The product is called 'Fill-In Powder'. By Irene Gari. It looks like eye shadow, and you apply it with a brush that comes with it. You can get the one for men, because the one for women is the same stuff, but it's more expensive. I use the medium brown. It costs about $8, and it lasts a long time. 

There is something so depressing about losing your hair, even for someone like me, in my 60's. I guess you never stop caring about your appearance . If you do decide to buy this stuff, I hope it works well enough for you. I also use it on my husband's hair. I'm not being paid in any way for talking about this product.

Hippie_Chic_
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 2:33 PM
It's hard to miss but pictures can be tricky.

Quoting zboys:

It's hard for me to see any damage.  I just see a small bald spot. 

Hippie_Chic_
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 3:01 PM
I got it "professionally done" as in the girl did it at her house but had a license. Or so I thought! A girl who works at an actual salon looked up her license and couldn't find it. So she lied to me and messed my hair up! I've been putting off the pixie cut but I'm running out of options and time.

Quoting lyrick24: I can't tell a lot from the pictures, but are you getting it professionally done or doing it yourself? You may have to go with a shorter cut for a while to get rid of all the damage.
Hippie_Chic_
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 3:10 PM
I've used coconut oil before. Overnight twice. I didn't notice anything but I didn't use it long because it was messy and was staining my pillows lol. But I will try it again soon

Quoting Minimonsters: Pure food grade coconut oil is really good for hair. Smother your dry hair in it and massage your scalp with it for 10 mins, wrap you hair in cling film the warmth from your head will open up your pores and allow more of the oil to be absorbed, leave it for an hour or even overnight and shampoo out. It's kinder than commercial conditioners and apparently promotes hair growth, although I already have thick hair so I don't really notice it on me. I try to do this once a week but you could try doing it 2 or 3 times a week and hopefully get quicker results. I also agree having a hair cut will get rid if some of the damage and might give you a wee confidence boost too. Xx
Hippie_Chic_
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 3:16 PM
It's from a bad bleach job. The girl was supposed to put highlights in it and cooked my hair. I honestly don't know it that would help me with much but it's an option. Thank you so much for your help!

Quoting Memere60:

Well, hippie chic, my hair is much worse than yours. Have you been checked for an underactive thyroid?

I buy something through Amazon.com from a company called Beauty Encounter. The product is called 'Fill-In Powder'. By Irene Gari. It looks like eye shadow, and you apply it with a brush that comes with it. You can get the one for men, because the one for women is the same stuff, but it's more expensive. I use the medium brown. It costs about $8, and it lasts a long time. 

There is something so depressing about losing your hair, even for someone like me, in my 60's. I guess you never stop caring about your appearance . If you do decide to buy this stuff, I hope it works well enough for you. I also use it on my husband's hair. I'm not being paid in any way for talking about this product.

matreshka
by on May. 6, 2015 at 3:16 PM
I think you're going to let have to let it grow out. What exactly did she do to your hair? Color it, perm it, strip it what? I can try to help. I have done a lot to my hair.

Quoting Hippie_Chic_: I got it "professionally done" as in the girl did it at her house but had a license. Or so I thought! A girl who works at an actual salon looked up her license and couldn't find it. So she lied to me and messed my hair up! I've been putting off the pixie cut but I'm running out of options and time.

Quoting lyrick24: I can't tell a lot from the pictures, but are you getting it professionally done or doing it yourself? You may have to go with a shorter cut for a while to get rid of all the damage.
Hippie_Chic_
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 3:20 PM
I asked for caramel highlights and she used 40 developer cream and prism lights blue. Put me under heat for 45 minutes. She cooked my hair

Quoting matreshka: I think you're going to let have to let it grow out. What exactly did she do to your hair? Color it, perm it, strip it what? I can try to help. I have done a lot to my hair.

Quoting Hippie_Chic_: I got it "professionally done" as in the girl did it at her house but had a license. Or so I thought! A girl who works at an actual salon looked up her license and couldn't find it. So she lied to me and messed my hair up! I've been putting off the pixie cut but I'm running out of options and time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)