Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm getting my 3rd biopsy in Tuesday

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:11 PM
  • 10 Replies
It's really hitting me now. I lucked out with the other 2. My breast just has a non malignant fibrous mass the size of a half a golf ball (!) My uterus is fine. My cervix is not. My app smear came back positive last month and Tuesday is the big procedure. Ive never had hpv or anything like that. My husband is refusing to go with me. I'm hoping everything will be fine. And they can just take the "cone" out and be done with me. It's a colpectomy. Has anyone had this before?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zboys
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Several years ago, I had precancerous cells in my cervix from the HPV which scared me to death.  I had the LEEP procedure done and went alone.  It was a little uncomfortable but really not too bad.  It's not the same thing as what you are having done; now I'm wondering what the difference is between us.

bambismom
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Whoa, wait, they're removing your cervix?  Will this take care of the problem, then?  I am praying for you, matresha, I'm sorry you are already going through so much, and that husband of yours, WTH is his problem?  praying

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2015 at 4:39 AM

Good luck.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 8, 2015 at 5:13 AM
I hope the procedure goes well and everything turns out alright. Your husband should be ashamed.
Memere60
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 6:59 AM

I had a biopsy 30 years ago, I think because of my fertility problems. The doc didn't give me anything to numb the area, just went in and cut a piece out. It really hurt. Are they going to give you any kind of local anesthetic? I hope so. 

Do you mind telling us why your husband won't go with you? Sorry for being so blunt, girls, but SHIT....he'd have better have a good reason :(

P.S. Sorry, matreshka. I hope I'm not being too harsh. I used to do everything by myself, and now that I can't drive, my husband has found ways to help me, plus a friend sat with me for 3 hours when my hubby couldn't help me. 

I like the idea of taking a cab instead of a bus, if you can. After that procedure I remember some bleeding. The doc had said I could go back to work the same day, but I was in a lot of pain, so I went home and stayed there. That doc was a jerk.  BIG HUG to you!

RandomAnon
by on May. 8, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this but I know how you feel.  I have to have a liver biopsy done on Thursday and I'm not real excited about it either.  And of course, my husband is working on that day.  There's no chance of him getting off but it's not really his fault.  They did May schedule way back at the end of March.  I'm actually going to have to take a cab home because they won't let me drive.  Thankfully my son will be in school and I won't have to actually get up and drive until 3:00.  They said I will get out of there by 1:00 at the latest. And then I'll have to take a cab back to the hospital to get my car.  Ugh.  Such is life.

momwriter
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I hope the procedure goes smoothly. Sorry you are dealing with this. And sorry your husband isn't more supportive :(

Seashell77
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2015 at 11:30 AM

I hope everything goes much better than you expect and you get back good results. That sucks that dh can't go with you. Is there any way a friend or neighbor could go with you ? Sending you all good wishes.hugs

lucy164
by Peggy on May. 8, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Matreshka, sometimes I wonder why you stay with that man.  I guess you must really love him.  I wish you luck with the biopsy.good luck 

matreshka
by on May. 8, 2015 at 8:33 PM
I don't follow my own advice I guess. He is a good father. Our son loves him so I stay. I am trying to get more independent so I can eventually leave. I had 2 seizures today and I was like great now I won't be able to work. The stress of everything got to me. I was at day treatment and the clinicians were all like your husband can take care of himself, you need to take care of you. One drove me to my son's preschool and then home and made sure we were okay. Everything is just too much and I finally broke today.

Quoting lucy164:

Matreshka, sometimes I wonder why you stay with that man.  I guess you must really love him.  I wish you luck with the biopsy.good luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)