Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brain fog again; very unsettling 😒

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM
  • 13 Replies
I've had this before and feel like no one I know could understand. It's that cloudy, foggy feeling in my head. I think it means my meds aren't right but how can I really tell? I just want to feel normal! What has helped you with brain fog?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graybealgirl
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:27 PM
Nothing really because I suffered TBI 2x in a 5 day period. Had double brain surgery in less than 24 hours apart. That was February 2014 and I still have memory problems
bambismom
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:14 PM

I haven't had this with my depression but I had that feeling when I had mono.  I called it a mental fatigue.  I couldn't move fast, everything was in slow motion.  I couldn't drive, some days I could barely take a shower.  I couldn't make myself a meal when nobody else was around, I ate cereal.  I was in bed for 3 months. 

momwriter
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Yes, getting anything done is a challenge :( I'm assuming this is from depression, not something else...My mood isn't bad but I am in a mental fog.

Quoting bambismom:

I haven't had this with my depression but I had that feeling when I had mono.  I called it a mental fatigue.  I couldn't move fast, everything was in slow motion.  I couldn't drive, some days I could barely take a shower.  I couldn't make myself a meal when nobody else was around, I ate cereal.  I was in bed for 3 months. 

matreshka
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:51 PM
I got that from being on meds. I had to go off meds to feel better.
momwriter
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Which meds caused this? I thought antipsychotics sometimes cured this problem for me but maybe they can cause it too:( I can't go on feeling like this!

Quoting matreshka: I got that from being on meds. I had to go off meds to feel better.

captainjack
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Yes new meds please call the dr that fog can get you in the darkness I don't want that for you it is a horrible place.hugs

Quoting momwriter: I've had this before and feel like no one I know could understand. It's that cloudy, foggy feeling in my head. I think it means my meds aren't right but how can I really tell? I just want to feel normal! What has helped you with brain fog?

matreshka
by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
All antipsychotics cause this problem for lots of people. When I finally was clear of seroquel, I have tried them all but seroquel was the one the kept pushing on me, I could not believe how clearly I could think again.

I am not suing my former psych prescriber yet but I have reported her to my state's dept of mental health as well as the state licensure board to revoke her licence for what she did to me for years. my complaints are legit and I spent a long time preparing them.

Anyway...I don't like to talk about antipsychotics. If you aren't psychotic, don't take them.

Quoting momwriter:

Which meds caused this? I thought antipsychotics sometimes cured this problem for me but maybe they can cause it too:( I can't go on feeling like this!

Quoting matreshka: I got that from being on meds. I had to go off meds to feel better.

momwriter
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:24 PM

I am tempted to stop the Zyprexa. It makes me emotionally flat and now I'm wondering if it's what's making me so foggy-headed. I'm switching from Cymbalta to Brintellix now...hoping I'm ok with just antidepressants. I don't want to develop hypomanic symptoms (like racing thoughts, which have kept me up at night in the past).

Quoting matreshka: All antipsychotics cause this problem for lots of people. When I finally was clear of seroquel, I have tried them all but seroquel was the one the kept pushing on me, I could not believe how clearly I could think again. I am not suing my former psych prescriber yet but I have reported her to my state's dept of mental health as well as the state licensure board to revoke her licence for what she did to me for years. my complaints are legit and I spent a long time preparing them. Anyway...I don't like to talk about antipsychotics. If you aren't psychotic, don't take them.
Quoting momwriter:

matreshka
by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:25 PM
A million different things can cause racing thoughts. Anxiety, ptsd, normal life stress,physical/medical illness,not being fully tired before bed. HAve you ever thought about marijuana? Medical of course ;)

Quoting momwriter:

I am tempted to stop the Zyprexa. It makes me emotionally flat and now I'm wondering if it's what's making me so foggy-headed. I'm switching from Cymbalta to Brintellix now...hoping I'm ok with just antidepressants. I don't want to develop hypomanic symptoms (like racing thoughts, which have kept me up at night in the past).

Quoting matreshka: All antipsychotics cause this problem for lots of people. When I finally was clear of seroquel, I have tried them all but seroquel was the one the kept pushing on me, I could not believe how clearly I could think again.

I am not suing my former psych prescriber yet but I have reported her to my state's dept of mental health as well as the state licensure board to revoke her licence for what she did to me for years. my complaints are legit and I spent a long time preparing them.

Anyway...I don't like to talk about antipsychotics. If you aren't psychotic, don't take them.

Quoting momwriter:

momwriter
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:10 PM
I've thought about it but never tried it. I've heard it really helps a lot of people...

Quoting matreshka: A million different things can cause racing thoughts. Anxiety, ptsd, normal life stress,physical/medical illness,not being fully tired before bed. HAve you ever thought about marijuana? Medical of course ;)

Quoting momwriter:

Quoting matreshka: All antipsychotics cause this problem for lots of people. When I finally was clear of seroquel, I have tried them all but seroquel was the one the kept pushing on me, I could not believe how clearly I could think again.

Quoting momwriter:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)