• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just need to vent about my recent trips to ER.

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:55 PM
  • 21 Replies

First, thanks for reading this. I feel so alone.

I am filled with shame and insecurity.

I tried to kill myself 2 times this past 3 weeks.  

i am not going to church today, i feel so weird about it.

so not to be such a drag, i am now at the theraputic dose of  an anti- depressant and have energy again.  Thinking this one is helping. I have been through a lot of kinds in the last year or so, that just dont work or make it worse in some way.  Thanks for your time.  

by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Hugs
bambismom
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:09 PM

I am glad you didn't succed in your suicide attempts!  I know there are people who need you around.  I'm glad the med is starting to work I hope you continue to feel better.  feel better

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad you're okay..it takes courage to tell people this...I hope your courage stays...forever..
matreshka
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:50 PM
The er sent you away? Do you not have a psych inpatient unit or was it full or something? I hope the meds work for you. I have permanent brain stem damage from my attempt. it causes violent body jerks which are noticicble to everyone. Please take that into consideration. (((Hugs)))
lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 18, 2015 at 9:34 AM

im glad you survived and are feeling better on this new med.

carolinegrace89
by New Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I am proud of you for not going through with it! Life can be so challenging, just remember there are so many moms struggling like you. And we are all here for you. Prayers & love to you. happy

lucy164
by Peggy on May. 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad that this antidepressant is working for you.  You don't have to be ashamed of the suicide attempts.  You never asked for a depression that would hit you so hard.  HUGS 

bresmommy21
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 2:22 PM

First off lots of HUGS!!!! You sound like a GF of mine, she has been bounced around too. My husband says that he is stable on the Abilify, but they have recently upped it so I have to keep a close watch on him. Mental illness is a very misunderstood illness for outsiders. I have learned so much dealing with my husband and a GF with it being severe. I wish you the best of luck.

sondra101
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 5:52 PM

i really feel for your situation.  ((hugs))

Quoting matreshka: The er sent you away? Do you not have a psych inpatient unit or was it full or something? I hope the meds work for you. I have permanent brain stem damage from my attempt. it causes violent body jerks which are noticicble to everyone. Please take that into consideration. (((Hugs)))

matreshka
by on May. 18, 2015 at 7:51 PM
I don't think the er should have sent you away so you could attempt again, I kinda feel like they should have helped you more.

Quoting sondra101:

i really feel for your situation.  ((hugs))

Quoting matreshka: The er sent you away? Do you not have a psych inpatient unit or was it full or something? I hope the meds work for you. I have permanent brain stem damage from my attempt. it causes violent body jerks which are noticicble to everyone. Please take that into consideration. (((Hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)