Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Hasn't Happened In A Long Time...

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have anxiety-induced depression.  Normally, it isn't a huge deal.  Today though, it hit me really hard for some reason.

I needed to call a local grocery store because our milk went bad a week early and they will replace the milk if it was bought there and it expires early, which is great.  I talked to DF about it and I couldn't bring myself to call.  The very thought of it still makes me feel like I'm going to start hyperventilating and/or going to vomit.  What are some ways I can try and calm my system? I don't like feeling this way at all.

by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bambismom
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:46 PM

I'm sorry, mama that you are so anxious about this.  I don't have this kind of anxiety so I don't know what to say.  Other ladies may have some ideas.  Do you go to counseling and if so have they suggested any coping skills?  ((((((((HUGS))))))))))hugs

KitKatLoL
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Since I live in a small town and one of the many things I plan to seek psychiatric help for, I don't see a councelor yet, but I got a number to call and talk to about setting up a session.  Thanks for the hugs.  It's just really difficult right now...

Quoting bambismom:

I'm sorry, mama that you are so anxious about this.  I don't have this kind of anxiety so I don't know what to say.  Other ladies may have some ideas.  Do you go to counseling and if so have they suggested any coping skills?  ((((((((HUGS))))))))))hugs

bambismom
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:54 PM

It seems there aren't enough psychiatrists, at least by where I live.  I live near a city of 60,000 people and I cannot get in with one.  They want me to drive an hour and a half to go to one, and I don't want to do that.  I hope things get better for you.

Quoting KitKatLoL:

Since I live in a small town and one of the many things I plan to seek psychiatric help for, I don't see a councelor yet, but I got a number to call and talk to about setting up a session.  Thanks for the hugs.  It's just really difficult right now...

Quoting bambismom:

Growedup2015
by New Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:57 PM

~*Hugs*~

lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 18, 2015 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Can you have a friend make the call for you until you can get some help for this? I sometimes do this when I have to order my meds so I get my husband to call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 18, 2015 at 4:28 AM

Write a script and say  what u have prepared.  Point form.

Right a list of things that will happen if they refuse to return it.

matreshka
by on May. 18, 2015 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this

pros and cons list.  like is the stress of calling to replace this milk worth it. i understand you dont want to throw money away, but can you just go to a corner store and get more milk? (im not saying avoid your problems btw)

thought reframing. dont catastrophise things.  i am an anxious person myself.  my issues are mostly catastrophising and paranoia because i have ptsd

the thing about meds is they arent magic pills. at best they will get you to a point of just barely functioing enouhg so you can learn skills.  for anxious people like us , we have to learn skills to get through the day to day.

google thought reframing.

lucy164
by Peggy on May. 18, 2015 at 3:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you suffer so much from anxiety.  Exercising is good for it.  HUGS 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 18, 2015 at 11:02 PM

I have anxiety so I understand. For some reason the grocery store is a bad place for me. I just get so over whelmed at the grocery store & my mind races. I had awful anxiety on Mother's day due to some horrible nightmares I had the night before. I couldn't get out of bed all day :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)