Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw my rapist at my clinic today

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:17 PM
  • 18 Replies
Today was awful. I was at day treatment in the hallway during group. (Should have been in group but wasnt). my rapist walks by me with a membet of staff (not relayed to day treatment). I froze for a while.

Then I tried to find where they went. I checked the lobby, other treatment rooms, and the parking lot. I was going to jump him.

This individual plucked me off the street, held me captive and violently raped me repeatedly when I was 12. He was 18 at the time. The court case was long and the state got a conviction.

I told staff, they looked him up in the computer because they wanted to verify that I saw the "right" person. They don't know what to do in this situation. My brand new trauma specific therapist is also here. Ugh.

Last time I ran in to this individual I then took all my prescriptions and ended up in a coma for 8 days.

I really need help.

My husband is livid. He is angrier than I am. He has had to deal with this imdividual too at his job which he finally told me about today, because my husband works for "rehabilitation services." This individual is a scammer and has shown up for services, you have to show id, dh knows his name, it's a peculiar name and so yeah my dh has HAD to give him services or lose his job, but withheld that from me.

I'm going to flip out. I've been sober for a while now but I want to numb out.
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM
So so sorry...
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:02 PM
Hugs
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jun. 3, 2015 at 3:47 AM
I'm so sorry for both you and your husband. Too bad they didn't lock him up and throw away the key.
MissMackiesgg
by on Jun. 3, 2015 at 4:42 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry that this happened to you. Wish you could just black him out of your mind.im sorry

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 3, 2015 at 7:24 AM

I'm very sorry that you and your husband have to endure seeing him.  Don't drink over it or it will mean he wins again.

Seashell77
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 8:58 AM

I agree with what lucy said. Also, you've built a good life since this bastard hurt you. You are not in the same place as before. You are stronger, grounded, happier. You and hubby will stand with each other. I hope the place where you go for counseling can work out scheduling appointments for you where you won't run into him. Since a crime was involved I believe this center you go to has ethical, moral and legal obligations to do something to help you anyway they can with this delemma.  

We are all here for you and we care about you ! You remember that. You have a lot of people in your life that care about you ! group hug

Quoting lucy164:

I'm very sorry that you and your husband have to endure seeing him.  Don't drink over it or it will mean he wins again.

DarkSoloKnight0
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Aww I hope everything gets better for you.
magmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 11:06 AM
Quoting Seashell77:

I agree with what lucy said. Also, you've built a good life since this bastard hurt you. You are not in the same place as before. You are stronger, grounded, happier. You and hubby will stand with each other. I hope the place where you go for counseling can work out scheduling appointments for you where you won't run into him. Since a crime was involved I believe this center you go to has ethical, moral and legal obligations to do something to help you anyway they can with this delemma.  

We are all here for you and we care about you ! You remember that. You have a lot of people in your life that care about you ! group hug

Quoting lucy164:

well said. Hang in there. You are stronger and better than he is. Lots of love!
deltathree
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:00 PM

I am so sorry......no words.  Just awful!  But, you are stronger & better now - don't let him win again.  Huge hugs......

hugs

Minimonsters
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM
God I'm so sorry, that is just awful, hugs x
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)