Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally in therapy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

And my anger issues are getting better, but that's about it. Granted, I've only gone three times, and am currently sick (Thanks, SIL!), so I'm not expecting my motivation to be at its peak right now, but the apartment is a mess and it's starting to piss me off, but my head is so stuffed up I can barely stand, and I have to wash diapers by hand everyday, so that wipes me out for the day. Both kiddos are sick, too; both have pink eye, the toddler has a double ear infection, and the baby has bronchiolitis. (I have no idea if I spelled that right, nor what it is, their doctor just said it's a virus that's taken up residence in her lungs) So I'm failing at trying to get the toddler's antibiotics in her, and the baby has to deal with me restraining her to put drops in her eyes every three hours. I think I might have an ear infection, too, as my right ear stuffed itself up last night and while it doesn't hurt like it did last night, it's still stuffed up, so I'm going to the doctor myself today.

I am *this* close to sealing off the apartment and making a "nobody enters, nobody leaves" policy for the winter. It wasn't even autumn yet when we caught this a couple weeks ago, and I do not want to deal with this s**t all winter. And to top it all off, they are re-roofing our building and my nose is so stuffed up I can't tell anymore if the building still smells like tar. It did a couple days ago, just before my cold got worse, and the melter thingy is right next to our bathroom window, so I assume it does, but I don't know, and we have nowhere else to go to get away from the fumes, so we've been breathing them in for what is going on three days. I'd go to managment and complain, but I can't think straight, so I have no idea what I'd say. My plan is to write a formal complaint and put it in the envelope with our rent check next week. We had no formal warning that they were doing this, just the assumption because the supplies have been sitting outside our bathroom for a month and a half, at least.

I wish I could get the toddler to take a nap so I could sleep. Lack of food (my own doing, I don't feel like eating, and I'm forcing myself to, but I'm still not eating enough), two children nursing me dry because the older one won't eat, either, and lack of sleep is probably why I feel so bad at the moment. I'm not getting much help, either, because everyone we know is also sick, SO doesn't know what to do with the baby when she's screaming, and his way of entertaining the toddler is turning on the TV. Granted, I've been doing that myself for the last few days, so I shouldn't complain.

I hate being sick.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM

im sorry youre struggling so much right now. that tar smell is not good for you or the babies especially having respiratory issues. i hope they both lay down and take a nap at the same time today so you can get some rest. my right ear is stopped up too and i have to get a tube put in next week. the left ear tube is also a little clogged and the dr gave me drops for that which causes me not to be able to hear out of each ear. i have an appt with my therapist today of which i think i am going to reschedule because i cant hear her talk. hope your day gets better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:28 AM
SO's nose isn't as bad as mine, and he just woke up and said it still smells like tar. I think I might have a sinus infection, because my teeth hurt.

I don't want to go to my MIL's, but we may have to. I took the girls over there yesterday, but she keeps it so cold, and that's when my ear stuffed up, so we didn't stay long. MIL is coming home today from having surgery, and she was sick before she went in to have it, but I still don't know if it would be a good idea to go over there. SO's dad lives in the same complex we do, a couple buildings over, and they're not doing anythinwith his roof, so maybe his building doesn't smell and we can go over there.

Quoting lyrick24:

im sorry youre struggling so much right now. that tar smell is not good for you or the babies especially having respiratory issues. i hope they both lay down and take a nap at the same time today so you can get some rest. my right ear is stopped up too and i have to get a tube put in next week. the left ear tube is also a little clogged and the dr gave me drops for that which causes me not to be able to hear out of each ear. i have an appt with my therapist today of which i think i am going to reschedule because i cant hear her talk. hope your day gets better!

lucy164
by Peggy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:18 PM

im sorrythat things are so bad right now.  I hope you all get better soon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM

I found out that I have a double ear infection, too, as well as the beginnings of bronchitis. Hopefully, the anitboitics will kick in and I'll start feeling better in a couple days. I just hope that SO isn't headed in that direction, too. He said he's starting to feel better, and that's how it happened with me. I started feeling better and then the next day felt worse.

Quoting lucy164:

im sorrythat things are so bad right now.  I hope you all get better soon. 

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:02 PM

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:21 PM
Thank you. :-)

Quoting Serenity7:

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:36 PM

I would consider getting some formula and hand your kids off to a relative for a day so you can recover.  If you have any eggs, make yourself an egg and cheese sandwich.  The protein will be good for you, as will the dairy and carbs.  And drink, drink, drink, all the OJ and water you can. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:52 PM
All the relatives are sick, too, and and the only one I trust with my three month old just had surgery. While I'm not a sanctimommy, I'm not going to give my daughter formula. I have a stash in the freezer if I need to do that, and I don't see the point in spending money on something if I don't know if it will agree with my daughter. We're having enough problems with her as it is, between gassiness and diaper rashes. I do appreciate your opinion, though, and I would do that if I could. :)

Any specific kind of cheese, or just whatever I like? I'm honestly not that big a fan of eggs, but since I can't taste anything, anyway, it doesn't really matter at this point, lol. I did just finish a pot of chicken soup, but I haven't put the noodles in yet. I do need to get more OJ, though, I just finished off what we had.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I would consider getting some formula and hand your kids off to a relative for a day so you can recover.  If you have any eggs, make yourself an egg and cheese sandwich.  The protein will be good for you, as will the dairy and carbs.  And drink, drink, drink, all the OJ and water you can. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:54 PM

I'm sorry that you can't take some time off to recover.  :( 

And I hope you and the kids and well...everyone are feeling better soon.  Take care and sending you hugs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: All the relatives are sick, too, and and the only one I trust with my three month old just had surgery. While I'm not a sanctimommy, I'm not going to give my daughter formula. I have a stash in the freezer if I need to do that, and I don't see the point in spending money on something if I don't know if it will agree with my daughter. We're having enough problems with her as it is, between gassiness and diaper rashes. I do appreciate your opinion, though, and I would do that if I could. :) Any specific kind of cheese, or just whatever I like? I'm honestly not that big a fan of eggs, but since I can't taste anything, anyway, it doesn't really matter at this point, lol. I did just finish a pot of chicken soup, but I haven't put the noodles in yet. I do need to get more OJ, though, I just finished off what we had.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Thank you. :)

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm sorry that you can't take some time off to recover.  :( 

And I hope you and the kids and well...everyone are feeling better soon.  Take care and sending you hugs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: All the relatives are sick, too, and and the only one I trust with my three month old just had surgery. While I'm not a sanctimommy, I'm not going to give my daughter formula. I have a stash in the freezer if I need to do that, and I don't see the point in spending money on something if I don't know if it will agree with my daughter. We're having enough problems with her as it is, between gassiness and diaper rashes. I do appreciate your opinion, though, and I would do that if I could. :) Any specific kind of cheese, or just whatever I like? I'm honestly not that big a fan of eggs, but since I can't taste anything, anyway, it doesn't really matter at this point, lol. I did just finish a pot of chicken soup, but I haven't put the noodles in yet. I do need to get more OJ, though, I just finished off what we had.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)