Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel so worthless. Not enough help in the world for me:(

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:55 PM
  • 7 Replies
I was here a few weeks ago and got such a warm welcome:) I ran outta data so couldn't log in. I had posted about breaking up with a guy I spent most of my life with. In my eyes he cheated, some may say he did not, he feels he didnt. I am still having such a hard time. I held out for awhile didn't text or acknowledge him,bare in mind we are currently long distance. But in a weak moment I broke and replied back to him. He actually has been making a better attempt.but now I find myself getting angry all over again and picking fights. He knows I do not trust him at all. But damn I need to let him go. I can't trust him,I never will again. We both know what we had is gone. But now I'm the one being mean.

My kids dad drives me to want to drink! He is just worthless. So between no friends,not much family, both exes I feel like I just want to dissapear. I'm finding once I get kids to school all I do is sleep. I constantly feel terrible. Iv tried all kinds of meds and councling,had blood work. This hopelessness ain't going away:(
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
luvmia
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. It is not easy dealing with a man you cant trust. What you are dealing with is being slapped in the face with not one but now two men you cant rely on and/or trust. Sigh. This might be the time for you to evaluate your life, intimate relationships and yourself to figure out what you need to change. This is a process so it wont happen overnight. Just take baby steps.

I hope things work out for you. Take care of yourself and your kids.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Sep. 26, 2015 at 3:54 AM

it is understandable that you had a weak moment and answered back. it is hard to cut someone off completely that you have cared about. i can also understand your anger. are you still in counseling? have you thought about trying another counselor and maybe getting your meds re-evaluated? i hope you can move on from this and get past it. focus on being a good mother and stay active if you can to keep your mind occupied. pamper yourself some. try to stay out of the bed. go outside and get some of this fresh, cool fall air.

Memere60
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I felt hopeless and could barely function over my family problems a few years ago. The therapist said I had 'situational depression'. My psychiatrist gave me Celexa. I was crying every day, because I didn't think things would get any better. Things eventually got a LOT better, and all the crying stopped (I am still on an antidepressant, though). 

So I think you are saying you really ARE through with the relationship. But betrayal cuts very deeply. I think you are grieving that pain. Then your kids' dad is not helping the situation. If you had a couple of friends you could sit around with and just talk, cry, watch sappy movies with, that would really help. 

I wish I knew how to fix this for you. I've been estranged from a brother for five (or six) years now. All over a stupid misunderstanding. I was in so much pain when it first happened, I actually had physical pain in my chest. Almost like my heart was breaking. I think I have lost my brother for good, but having loving people around me really helped to get past it (but not completely). 

Hopelessness is a horrible thing. Please don't let it cause you to do anything drastic. And please DO get out into the fresh air. I think it will really help :)

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 4:22 PM

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

photo lovecouple2_zps356a5440.gif

MissMackiesgg
by on Sep. 28, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Memere said it better than I could. I would feel betrayed as well as so, so sad.

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Quoting Memere60:

I felt hopeless and could barely function over my family problems a few years ago. The therapist said I had 'situational depression'. My psychiatrist gave me Celexa. I was crying every day, because I didn't think things would get any better. Things eventually got a LOT better, and all the crying stopped (I am still on an antidepressant, though). 

So I think you are saying you really ARE through with the relationship. But betrayal cuts very deeply. I think you are grieving that pain. Then your kids' dad is not helping the situation. If you had a couple of friends you could sit around with and just talk, cry, watch sappy movies with, that would really help. 

I wish I knew how to fix this for you. I've been estranged from a brother for five (or six) years now. All over a stupid misunderstanding. I was in so much pain when it first happened, I actually had physical pain in my chest. Almost like my heart was breaking. I think I have lost my brother for good, but having loving people around me really helped to get past it (but not completely). 

Hopelessness is a horrible thing. Please don't let it cause you to do anything drastic. And please DO get out into the fresh air. I think it will really help :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 28, 2015 at 2:07 PM

You picked 2 not-so-good men, so now is the time to focus on you.   It is Ok to do something nice for yourself to make yourself feel good.    What really helps me is trying to focus on the good things in my life instead of dwelling on the not-so-good.    When I am feeling the darkness surround me, I try to count my blessings - I am healhty, my family is heathly, we are safe, we have food, clothes and a home, lots of great pets, etc....    In addition to medication, you really need to talk to therapist so they can help you change the way you think.  I promise, it does help.     It is so hard to fight the darkness, but you have to.    Refuse to give into it.

lucy164
by Peggy on Sep. 29, 2015 at 1:42 PM

You can't have much of a relationship with some one you don't trust.  Sleeping all day will only make you feel worse.  What if you went back to school part time and there you will meet other people who want to improve themselves.  HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)