Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips for sleeping when manic/hypomanic?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

It's 2am and I'm awake. Not normal awake but full of energy awake! I've been having sleep trouble for days and despite taking something to help the second I heard my 6 year old son I was WIDE AWAKE. I did get four hours so that's good but I was wondering what others do for sleep? 

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:26 AM
That's me too! I started pacing, then kinda ran back and forth. Currently sitting but my legs are jumping like crazy. My mind is like "go, go, go, go!" I feel like i could do a spartan race right now!

Come tomorrow morning though, a slug would be faster and more awake than me.
ElvinCephalopod
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:34 AM

i don't sleep during my manic phase - i don't even feel tired - i've tried sleeping pills, and they don't work during that time

5kidzzz
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:49 AM

This is my worst episode, sadly it seems to get worse with age for me. How long do your manic/hypomanic episodes last? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's me too! I started pacing, then kinda ran back and forth. Currently sitting but my legs are jumping like crazy. My mind is like "go, go, go, go!" I feel like i could do a spartan race right now! Come tomorrow morning though, a slug would be faster and more awake than me.

5kidzzz
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:51 AM

I took some herbal stuff for sleep but my body thought that was a cute idea and nothing more. lol

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

i don't sleep during my manic phase - i don't even feel tired - i've tried sleeping pills, and they don't work during that time

ElvinCephalopod
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:54 AM

for me, the same sleeping pills that normally turn me in to a zombie, duirng my manic phase, my body says, that's cute, you're still staying awake for the next four days

Quoting 5kidzzz:

I took some herbal stuff for sleep but my body thought that was a cute idea and nothing more. lol

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

5kidzzz
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:01 AM

Yeah, my body is being just about the same right now... I'm Jennifer by the way. Hello!

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

for me, the same sleeping pills that normally turn me in to a zombie, duirng my manic phase, my body says, that's cute, you're still staying awake for the next four days

Quoting 5kidzzz:

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

ElvinCephalopod
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:03 AM

hello! - my name is teresa

Quoting 5kidzzz:

Yeah, my body is being just about the same right now... I'm Jennifer by the way. Hello!

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

Quoting 5kidzzz:

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

5kidzzz
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:25 AM

Nice to meet you! What are you up to today? I'm trying to avoid buying the 30 things I just put in my online shopping cart for no darn reason. lol

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

Quoting 5kidzzz:

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

Quoting 5kidzzz:

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

ElvinCephalopod
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:36 PM

i'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get my to-do list done

Quoting 5kidzzz:

Nice to meet you! What are you up to today? I'm trying to avoid buying the 30 things I just put in my online shopping cart for no darn reason. lol

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

Quoting 5kidzzz:

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

Quoting 5kidzzz:

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Trazadone helps my daughter. 

Otherwise, when I'm awake, I get up and do some work or cleaning.  Then I'm suddenly tired, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)