Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At my ends rope

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
Where do I start I have a son with autism and I am at mi witts end my sons father ever since my son was diagnosed with autism his father hasn't been a father he has not wanted to be a real father my son has a sister who is normal and he has more time for her than my son so I have been a single parent.
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

i am sorry he is treating your son like that. it looks like you are going to have to love your son enough for the both of you.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:00 PM
Sorry, do you have family that can help out? Also are you in any support groups for parents of children with autism? It would help. HUGS
Meg2011425
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this
My son has a higher function form of autism and other special needs as well. He's currently in a residential facility because of his learned behaviors and respect towards others. He'll be coming home in August. I do get your frustration. But I also agree you have to be the one to love him and help him as hard as it is. My sons fathers is not involved at all in his life on account of his fathers terms. If you ever feel like talking in here as well as these lovely ladies. You can also feel free to message me. They also have autism groups on here too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 12, 2016 at 6:24 PM

I'm sorry.  HUGS

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 7:33 PM
I am so sorry he is not more of a support. Maybe he's just not sure what to do. Some people tend to stay away from things that they don't truly understand.
Hawaii46
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2016 at 6:10 PM
Thank you for writing it always helps to have others respond
LaughsAlot
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2016 at 7:49 PM
Maybe he feels like he failed some how,you mentioned a daughter whose normal,and now you guy's have an autistic son, maybe have a heart to heart with him,let him know how you feel,best of luck!
Serenity7
by on Apr. 14, 2016 at 2:28 PM

(((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)