Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worried sick

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My son is starting a new job tomorrow. Im worried sick. I want him to do well. THere are no jobs were we live. Im afraid he will throw in the towel and come back here to live with me. And I can not afford to support him anymore. I feel like a failure as a parent.

Please send positive thoughts my way.

When do you stop being worried about your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 5:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:43 AM

My daughter is 16 and I don't know if I will ever stop worrying about her. My anxiety has gone through the roof since she started driving. 

jellybean824
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

The short answer to your question is never. Being a parent is a role you have for life. Of course, there will be seasons of life that cause you more or less stress, depending on the age of your child. How old is your son? It sounds like he has a huge opportunity in just getting an job interview where you live. It also sounds like you have been supporting him by giving him a place to live. Sometimes, our kids needs a little extra help, But sometimes, the most loving thing you can do for your child is teach them to stand on their own two feet. It's not easy; I know. Some would call it "tough love." Sending positive thoughts your way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:58 PM

He is 21.

Seashell77
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 1:37 PM

It seems like good jobs in general are hard to come by let alone a place that already lacks them. I hope and pray that your son will be able to secure this job or another one soon. As a parent I don't think we ever stop caring and also worry comes along with it too. What do they say, being a parent is the hardest job........I agree ! hugs

zboys
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. Let us know how it goes. My youngest son (who is almost 21) has basically disowned me, but I still love him and think of him daily.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2016 at 3:51 AM

UPDATE

He is back home, it was working on roofs. Not for him.

He will return to study at least.

confusedWas not meant to happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)