Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm starting **Update** **Update #2** **Update 3**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

A day hospital program today for my depression and anxiety, I'm so nervous and anxious.... I'll update afterwards....

Update from day 1:

I am honestly not sure if this is for me.  I have 3 children who have special needs, court hearings, and appointments out of my control....I have no idea what to do at this point.  I am really frustrated and most of the the people i met, we had nothing in common in regards to why we were there...

Update from day 2 (8/19/16)

Honestly things didn't go much better today, everyone seems to already know everybody and I am just all alone :( I honestly don't want to go back at this point because it's not helping me and nothing has been changed in regards to my medications (even though I was under the impression they would be)....

Update 3 from day 3 & 4 (8/23/16)

Yesterday I found out that they had me in the wrong "group", which was frustrating but it went okay, I guess.  I really didn't want to go again but..

day 4

So today I pretty much cried throughout the last 2 groups and on the van on the way home.  One of therapists flat out embarrassed me in front of everyone in the group because I barely talk, I am trying, really I am but its NEVER the same people.  At least when I was in-patient, it was just the people on the unit I was on.  I told my regular doctor today that I would rather go back and do in-patient then do DH another day.  Unfortunately for me, I have to go tomorrow, to get them to get rid of my appointments that are scheduled so I can schedule with my doctor I see out-patient.  This happened this morning and I am STILL upset about it and I honestly DO NOT want anything to do with this therapist at this point.  She was in the WRONG. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:43 AM

ive done that many times. i prefer it to going in the hospital. i hope it helps u and im glad u r doing this for urself.

abra
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:23 PM

((hugs)) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:22 PM

Bump w/update

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

dont give up yet. u may find as time goes on you will grow to like these people. you need to take care of yourself as well as your family.

Seashell77
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It's really great you are going to the day hospital to get therapy to get better. You should be very proud of yourself. I know it's not easy with having 3 kids, but getting healthier is helping your kids too. I agree with Lyrick24 said and to give yourself time to adjust and you'll get to know the others better. The most important thing is you're getting help and that's fantastic !good

abra
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with lyrick and seashell. Take life one minute at a time and know that you will can be a better mom after you get some help. XOXO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Bump w/update from today..

RockChar
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 9:57 PM

What is a day hospital program? Is it kind of like inpatient, but for people who are unable to do inpatient due to circumstance? I hope tomorrow goes better for you ((hugs)) Keep at it!!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 19, 2016 at 10:58 PM

i cant say i dont know how you feel. the last time i was in the day program i ended up quitting, but i kept my appts with my dr. and made them frequently.

marney.p
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2016 at 6:07 AM

pot_of_flowers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)