Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to make...friends???

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, I have never made and held friends eaisly and I would love to have a few girls to call or hang with. I have tried online sites, chruch and meet ups to no avial...nothing comes of it.....any suggestions on how to make friends as a professional adult mother and wife?

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 8:55 AM

As a middle aged adult I'm finding it difficult. I know I'm probably not putting enough effort forth. it's hard for me to reach out to people.  Seems like I have many people I know, acquaintances, but none of them are close enough that we get together other than the normal places we run into one another. here's a site for you that has lots of ways to improve your friendships.

http://www.thefriendshipblog.com/

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:07 AM

it is hard.   I'm 52 now and what 'friendships' I have are more or less just acquaintences.   I settle for that.   On a whole I have to think about what I want in a friendship.   Do I really want someone I devulge everything to?  No.   Ask a lot of questions of yourself like that.  What am I looking for in a friendship?  What is my trust level?   Do I want just casual conversation and companionship?

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:23 AM

at my age, i dont seem to make many friends anymore. i dont get out as much as i used to and i find i want to stay to myself more. i have a daughter who has kids and they are in sports and she meets a heck of a lot of moms that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)