Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would like to die, but cannot attempt suicide again. :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I am really depressed. My marriage just ended because of domestic abuse. I have 3 children ages 11, 5 and 8 months old. I only hang on for them. I feel really sad and angry. I have complex PTSD. He cheated, had a baby outside of our marriage with a much younger woman. The whole nine yards and everything. I can barely function everyday. I am tormented by the abuse he heaped on us. I feel like a complete idiot for letting this pathetic unholy marriage from hell continue on for so long. My life is over. What makes it so bad is that he cheated the whole marriage and then tried to make me feel bad that I had a boyfriend AFTER he cheated and assaulted me. I feel like a complete fool. Why didn't I know! Why couldn't I stop this from happening!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

you probably need to be on an antidepressant and def. in some counseling. this sham of a husband is not your fault. you have got to quit blaming yourself. i know what im talking about because my husband had an affair on me and had a baby. it was the worst thing i ever went through. my husband was not abusive though and with much help we saved our marriage. that was 28 years ago. im not suggesting you stay in an abusive relationship, but you can get through this. the pain will get easier.

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:46 PM

I was about to say some of the same things lyrick24 said.   It's going to be hard but you can't ever blame yourself for someone else's actions.   Give yourself a pat on the back because you were the better person in the marriage.  Then put it aside and slowly gradually let it fade away.  it will in time.  Stay focused on your kids as you are now.  I have a plaque that says "Children are the anchors that hold a mother to earth".   it was because of depression after divorce that I got it.  I'd look at that and think yes indeed!!!  They give me strength

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a cheating husband and sorry you are going through this.

I actually went to a seminar course for three days and it literally changed my perspective and life. Anitdepressants might be a good bandaid but are not the greatest long term solution in my opinion.

If you are thinking this way, you should go and get help today from counselling ,there are many free agencies out there that can help you.

Remember your children need you as a mom, and if your ex husband is the type of person he is, then you wouldn't want them to go and live with him if something happened to you right?

You might change  your perspective of what happened, and realize life is too short to be living in the past.

Feel free to message me, I would be happy to help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)