Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brain fog again :(

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

It's back :( I'm feeling better, to some extent, than I was last week but am still pretty tired and foggy-headed. It's so hard to pinpoint the cause of it; it could be depression itself, medication side effects and even a symptom of perimenopause, which I am going through. Maybe it's a combination of everything. I think it gets worse when I'm cooped up inside in the winter than when I'm outside, getting more fresh air in the nicer months.  Also, I think it's worse when I'm home vs. at work or out and about. Any tips for coping with this unpleasant feeling?

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM

i was thinking like you; might be a combination of all. I know menapause can sure make you sleep rough.   I've been stepping out getting some fresh air.   Winter is rough.   There's only so much you can do indoors that doesn't involve sitting down.  I'm thinking....what makes you really happy?  Puts a big ole smile on your face?  Do those things. 

momwriter
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:31 PM
Thanks! I've been pushing myself to exercise each day. I need to get started making Valentines (I make and sell them at a local store); I always enjoy getting crafty. I'm supposed to meet a friend for coffee tomorrow but DS 8 was home sick today so we'll see what tomorrow brings...Id really like to go someplace warm and sunny for awhile but don't see that happening...I'm a little sad b/c my closest friend seems to be MIA; I don't know what's going on but it feels like she's avoiding meπŸ˜’. We're usually texting/talking everyday but lately that hasn't been happening.

Quoting Cenedra64:

i was thinking like you; might be a combination of all. I know menapause can sure make you sleep rough.   I've been stepping out getting some fresh air.   Winter is rough.   There's only so much you can do indoors that doesn't involve sitting down.  I'm thinking....what makes you really happy?  Puts a big ole smile on your face?  Do those things. 

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:45 PM

does she live very far away?  that would have me worried too

Quoting momwriter: Thanks! I've been pushing myself to exercise each day. I need to get started making Valentines (I make and sell them at a local store); I always enjoy getting crafty. I'm supposed to meet a friend for coffee tomorrow but DS 8 was home sick today so we'll see what tomorrow brings...Id really like to go someplace warm and sunny for awhile but don't see that happening...I'm a little sad b/c my closest friend seems to be MIA; I don't know what's going on but it feels like she's avoiding meπŸ˜’. We're usually texting/talking everyday but lately that hasn't been happening.
Quoting Cenedra64:

momwriter
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
No she lives close by, right across the little bridge to New Jersey (I'm on the PA side of the Delaware). Last time I texted her it was about feeling a little worried that my depression might come back for a couple of reasons. That was last Friday. We usually text about everything; she has vision problems and had a car accident a few months ago that makes her nervous about driving; we usually are there to comfort each other as well as just chat and laugh.after no answer, I texted her a few days later and she eventually replied "everything's fine here. Just busy!". I have 3 kids, she has 1 adult child who lives on her own. She works part time as do I. I really feel that she's giving me the cold shoulder πŸ˜’

Quoting Cenedra64:

does she live very far away?  that would have me worried too

Quoting momwriter: Thanks! I've been pushing myself to exercise each day. I need to get started making Valentines (I make and sell them at a local store); I always enjoy getting crafty. I'm supposed to meet a friend for coffee tomorrow but DS 8 was home sick today so we'll see what tomorrow brings...Id really like to go someplace warm and sunny for awhile but don't see that happening...I'm a little sad b/c my closest friend seems to be MIA; I don't know what's going on but it feels like she's avoiding meπŸ˜’. We're usually texting/talking everyday but lately that hasn't been happening.

Quoting Cenedra64:

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:33 PM
2 moms liked this

just give your friend a little distance and she will proably come around. sometimes we need a little space from each other. is it possible to go somewhere sunny and warm for you? im sure that would help some. i am going out of town for three days the second weekend in february and i cant wait. no daughter and no kids. my son and his girlfriend are going to watch the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)