Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

believe me, i want to hold down a job!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:13 AM
  • 13 Replies

but for some reason, after 3-6 months i quit. well i can't quit this time. we need my part time job to pay credit cards and for fun stuff. after those months, i get good and can do the job without thinking about it and then my mind tends to wander. i can talk myself in circles until i believe that i am working in a living hell and so i quit. i'm almost 30 and haven't held a job for more than 18 months. i can't keep living like this.

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried positive affirmations? I know it's easy to see negative things in a workplace
lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It won't look good on your resume if you keep quitting jobs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way. Except my longest was a year. I need to begin the job searching though.
lil_momma0911
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea I know tell my depression that....

Quoting lucy164:

It won't look good on your resume if you keep quitting jobs.

BlackBird_Trppd
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I know how that goes. I've quit several jobs very impulsively. It's not easy sometimes. Try and make a list of the positive aspects of the job...
ayacocca
by Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Is there an underlying fear of something happening? Does the responsibility of it all get to you?
lil_momma0911
by Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM
It's just doing the same thing every day.

Quoting ayacocca: Is there an underlying fear of something happening? Does the responsibility of it all get to you?
Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
So its monotony that gets to you. I understand that. Thats one reason I didn't like working jobs I have degrees in. I found I like being outdoors. And manual labor pays better

Quoting lil_momma0911: It's just doing the same thing every day.

Quoting ayacocca: Is there an underlying fear of something happening? Does the responsibility of it all get to you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:31 PM

When you get to the three to six months where your normally quit remember that you can not quit. Remember that you can hold down a job and that your part time job is a good and fun.

Quoting lil_momma0911:

but for some reason, after 3-6 months i quit. well i can't quit this time. we need my part time job to pay credit cards and for fun stuff. after those months, i get good and can do the job without thinking about it and then my mind tends to wander. i can talk myself in circles until i believe that i am working in a living hell and so i quit. i'm almost 30 and haven't held a job for more than 18 months. i can't keep living like this.

PrettyLittle6
by Member on Feb. 23, 2017 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I am the same way. Except I usually stay at the job for around 2 years, then I get tired of it. Monotony.. ugh. Like you, I can't imagine going through life doing the same damn thing every day! Especially if it's something you hate. Or a job you literally dread going to every day. I work in the pharmacy industry, but I am looking at a career change. I have decided that my passion is in the mental health field. My goal is to work as a mental health advocate, and to work in the field. I haven't started yet, but at least I have finally figured out that that is what I want to do :)

Do you know what your passion is?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)