Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After all these years I just got diagnosed with *drumroll*

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
PTSD. In the beginning I didn't understand why I wasn't. In fact, friends of mine couldn't understand why either. Several years later it happens and I'm almost dumbfounded. I mean I sort of get it, I guess. Now the research begins.
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 7:36 AM

could  be.  Glad they finally figured out a diagnosis

Seashell77
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CherrieFaeries: PTSD. In the beginning I didn't understand why I wasn't. In fact, friends of mine couldn't understand why either. Several years later it happens and I'm almost dumbfounded. I mean I sort of get it, I guess. Now the research begins.

Do you believe that diagnosis fits?  What you think matters too. 

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2017 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

i think i have it too. im going to talk to my dr about it. ive thought it for quite some time.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have it, too. I think I realized this before being diagnosed with it. It makes sense, because I was abused for eight years as a child and used to have flashbacks/have suffered from depression and anxiety. Are you in therapy? I recently started seeing a new therapist who specializes in past trauma issues...

CherrieFaeries
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I do. What I didn't understand was why I hadn't been diagnosed years ago. No one ever really asked those questions but they knew about the situations that would cause it. After speaking with this therapist about what she specializes in, what I want and need, I think I've found my match. I've been looking since February for someone who can help me where I need it. I feel good about her.

Quoting Seashell77:

Quoting CherrieFaeries: PTSD. In the beginning I didn't understand why I wasn't. In fact, friends of mine couldn't understand why either. Several years later it happens and I'm almost dumbfounded. I mean I sort of get it, I guess. Now the research begins.

Seashell77
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 7:56 PM

That's great you were finally given the right diagnosis. I'm sorry knowing that it took so long, but better late than never. It's wonderful that you got a therapist who specializes with this, who can really help you. That's something to be hopeful about. I'm happy for you! hugs

Quoting CherrieFaeries: I do. What I didn't understand was why I hadn't been diagnosed years ago. No one ever really asked those questions but they knew about the situations that would cause it. After speaking with this therapist about what she specializes in, what I want and need, I think I've found my match. I've been looking since February for someone who can help me where I need it. I feel good about her.
Quoting Seashell77:

CherrieFaeries
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2017 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. Maybe now I can get some relief and release. you rock

Quoting Seashell77:

That's great you were finally given the right diagnosis. I'm sorry knowing that it took so long, but better late than never. It's wonderful that you got a therapist who specializes with this, who can really help you. That's something to be hopeful about. I'm happy for you! hugs

Quoting CherrieFaeries: I do. What I didn't understand was why I hadn't been diagnosed years ago. No one ever really asked those questions but they knew about the situations that would cause it. After speaking with this therapist about what she specializes in, what I want and need, I think I've found my match. I've been looking since February for someone who can help me where I need it. I feel good about her.
Quoting Seashell77:

Seashell77
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2017 at 4:25 PM

You are welcome! I haven't been here in a few days....sorry to replay late. I hope this new therapist and new direction will bring good new things in your life! hugs

Quoting CherrieFaeries:

Thank you. Maybe now I can get some relief and release. you rock

Quoting Seashell77:

Quoting Seashell77:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)