Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This so called life

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 8:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello moms. I am on meds but I am constantly wondering whether my life will get any better. I think of things to do to feel happy but havent quite got it yet. What bothers me most is that life is so short. People are dying left and right and what's the use of anything if we are only going to die one day. I dont have friends but I am sort of close with my sisters. I will not talk to them about any of this because they already think Im kinda weird. So I keep it to myself. I worry so much about the future. Its hard for me to focus on the here and now. I am raising two teen girls alone. I know that they love me but sometimes I want the grownup type of love. I have tried dating in the past but it seems like men always come with their own agendas. So I havent been in a "real" relationship since who knows when. 3 years ago I met a guy online that lives in another country. We have talked on and off during that time. We have even made plans to visit one another but honestly I just talk to him to pass the time and to have someone to talk to. So I dont take it seriously. Im going to be 36 next month and Im definitely not excited. I just dont know what to do.

by on May. 16, 2017 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MixedCooke
by Member on May. 17, 2017 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Go out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2017 at 3:17 AM
Are you religious at all? Find a church nearby you can attend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2017 at 3:25 AM
Try a dating site.there are plenty of them. I met my boyfriend on POF. We've been together a year.
Cenedra64
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2017 at 7:01 AM

life is very short indeed.    Go out have fun.   Do some fun stuff with your girls.  

honeyrder
by on May. 17, 2017 at 7:05 AM
Get on different meds.
maureen813
by on May. 17, 2017 at 7:06 AM
Are you in therapy?
LoisLane78
by Member on May. 17, 2017 at 2:44 PM

You're too young to give up on life.  Things may seem difficult now but

have you tried joining a club or group, maybe a Bible study or 

support group at a local church?  Don't go it alone.  Being a single mom

of teen-age girls, you definitely need another perspective on life - you

need to be around other adults.

momwriter
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Great idea! My mom met her husband on Match.com (they're very happy together).

Quoting Anonymous 1: Try a dating site.there are plenty of them. I met my boyfriend on POF. We've been together a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)