Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What causes your depression?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Everything cause my anxiety and depression to act up... How long have you had yours.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2017 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MixedCooke
by Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 3:36 PM
Constant stress
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2017 at 3:42 PM
Like what?

Quoting MixedCooke: Constant stress
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Born with it, so all my life. Mother had it, everything about life makes it worse. Illnesses, being used, phoney love or no love, pain of all forms emotional, physical.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2017 at 4:14 PM
I'm bipolar, so anything can set me off. I am currently in my manic phase, which is kind of nice, lots of energy, I don't need as much sleep, but I get irritated faster..
dawnrothbaum
by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
PTSD is basically the root cause of all my problems. Dealing and healing means I suffer through depression as well as other issues. There are triggers everywhere unfortunately.
diane1968
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 5:18 PM

I have had the disease for over 20 yrs and bipolar for 7 yrs, one thing I have learned is it's not my depression, it is not you, it is a disease that is mangaged. The person you are is not the disease. I'm 48 and I have a chemical imbalance. I have had it for a long time. My past caused it. That all I really say about it.

lucy164
by Peggy on Aug. 15, 2017 at 9:16 AM

It's a biochemical disease compounded by negative life events

LoisLane78
by Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 11:10 AM

Probably longer than I realized.  When I was younger, I just thought it was normal, I didn't have a name for it.  I was going to list everything that triggers it, but realized they can all be lumped into one category - things I can't control. 

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 20, 2017 at 3:12 PM

i have a chemical imbalance that is not responsive to medicine or counseling. i have tried everything twice and it just doesnt work. negative things in my life make it worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)