Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need new anti depressant-suggestions?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have had a lot of hit or miss. I am on Wellbutrin which I love but it does nothing for my panic disorder. Going through a separation so feel I am definitely going to need a back up. I am looking for something that does NOT cause weight gain. I do not have a thyroid so enuff said. lol. I was wondering about Lexapro? There's a few others but I'd have to look them up again. Just want to be less anxious, not a zombie and not gain anymore weight, which lets face it, is a bit more depressing. What are your ladies experiences?
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KoiKamsahamnida
by Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:10 PM

Do you live in a state that allows medical marijuana? Or doesnt all states allow CBD oil? Vaping CBD oil has helped my anxiety SO MUCH.... It also puts me in a better mood so I think it would help depression. I use cherry cbd oil and man... I just love it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:13 PM
Medical marijuana.. I would recommend this for anybody. I would only use it AS NEEDED for me. Especially at my low points.

It always help me think clearly, takes my anxiety and depression away, and gave me an appetite. It's good when you don't abuse it.
diane1968
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:35 PM

I personally think you need to get with your dr's b/c everyone has a different composition, so, if one person uses something, it doesn't mean it's going to work the same way.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Sep. 17, 2017 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

marijuana is going to make you want to eat. talk with your dr about which one would be best for you. you may not need another antidepressant at all, but something specifically for anxiety.

Seashell77
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with lyrick about maybe needing a medication added that is for anxiety. I'd ask your doctor about that.

Quoting lyrick24:

marijuana is going to make you want to eat. talk with your dr about which one would be best for you. you may not need another antidepressant at all, but something specifically for anxiety.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM
I agree with Lyrick about the possibility of an anti-anxiety med. And it's true: everyone's body chemistry is so different. I do know people who really like Lexapro and I am doing well with Prozac (it's not supposed to make you tired and it doesn't for me. Also doesn't cause weight gain).

Quoting lyrick24:

Marykaylady325
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 10:26 PM
Try epatal it works good I also use lexspro and bustpbar
Marykaylady325
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 10:26 PM
Try epatal it works good I also use lexspro and bustpbar
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2017 at 6:07 AM
I know this post is older but I'm on a very low dose of klonopin twice a day. Best thing ever. It is still a benzo and still addictive but, in my doctor's opinion much less so than Xanax.
lucy164
by Peggy on Oct. 6, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Give Cymbalta a try.  It has made me feel 100% better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)