Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else with Bipolar dx here? (Trigger warning)

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hello!

*Trigger warning**

After losing 5 pregnancies, my father, and my step father (who was like a second father), along with both of my fallopian tubes to ectopic pregnancies- crap hit the fan and I spiraled out of control - except - I went into mania and hypomania.

(End trigger warning)
I was also diagnosed with panic disorder. I'm now on a mood stabilizer and anti anxiety medication.

However, I'm still trying to educate myself on my disorders and I'm trying to navigate motherhood to a 5 year old and a 2 year old while dealing with mental illness.

My scenario is slightly different because I don't fall into deep depressions - quite the opposite - I get high levels of productive energy and anxiety in effort to fight off depression- my psychiatrist said mania is like a natural defense mechanism against depression.
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Seashell77
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome to our group! Although I don't have bipolar, there are many in this group that do. That's really neat how your psychiatrist said your mania is a natural defence mechanism against depression. I suppose under control it can be a positive thing. I heard if it's not controlled it can be pretty bad. I have pretty bad depression and it's a struggle. I'm very glad for this group, because we all are caring and supportive of each other. It is good not to be alone with this and to be understood. I hope you will find this group helpful and the members nice like I do. It's hard with raising little ones. Do you have help? 

welcome

Iceandsnowflake
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:19 PM
Sometimes the manic episodes are pleasant - i.e. cook all the things, make all the crafts and others can take a much darker turn - my neighbor is spying on me, there's evil spirits in our house - both of which I know now to be false but led to hours of pricing security systems, etc.

I thankfully have a supportive husband and mother.

I have a good psych Dr and I believe I have found the right cocktail of meds but, when stress levels get high I feel I regress and go into hypomania.

I also have some OCD "tendencies" but not full blown (mainly ritual door lock checking).

I have two close friends and neither of them have mental health issues so, I feel very alone most of the time.
diane1968
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

What is DX, I deal with Bipolar. Hello and welcome to the group. Lovely ladies and loads of information in each section as well. I'm Diane.I'm on many meds which is good for me and have two drs. So, I keep up with my health on a daily basis. I guess every doctor gives a different description for each person. We are supportive and here we give hugs when possible as well. What is your name by the way. Enjoy the group.

Iceandsnowflake
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:55 PM
Sorry. Internet abbreviation for "diagnosis.

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Quoting diane1968:

What is DX, I deal with Bipolar. Hello and welcome to the group. Lovely ladies and loads of information in each section as well. I'm Diane.I'm on many meds which is good for me and have two drs. So, I keep up with my health on a daily basis. I guess every doctor gives a different description for each person. We are supportive and here we give hugs when possible as well. What is your name by the way. Enjoy the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)